No announcement yet.

F100 Cyl Head Assy work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a reason they number them, gets pretty easy if you remember 1&4 fire simultaneously and 2&3 do the same.

Comment

yep, but that's me... I have the tendency to look like a dufus... but that's the only way I learn. That said, I never heard that before (1&4 and 2&3 firing at same time); I'll remember that.

After seeing how boat places and friends with boats said the motor was "totaled" and non-repairable, I'm just happy to get it back up and going good. Hell, may only last one more year, but learned a ton.

Last question: My idle sounds a little high and I have to admit I mess with the pilot/pivot screw; is that what I should put back to where it originally was? (especially since I read recently to not ever touch it)

Comment

the idle adjust is on #4 carb. do NOT jack with 1,2 or 3.
        the a/f screws usually you can run them in and back out about 3 turns for a starting point.
        you probably should have the carbs set by a shop with a 4 channel manometer.

Comment

Congrates on getting it running again!! $hit happens!

So I guess the issue with the head wasn't that bad if its running pretty much normal again?
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X