No announcement yet.

Any Smart Yamaha Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have to agree that the service manuals,while better now than 20yrs ago, BITE.
    classroom manuals/aides are only slightly better.
    they don't say which of the six,or all of them, tell the ECU the engine is running.
    but its a pulser signal cause it will run with the CPS disconnected.

USCG regs state that ANY gasoline engine be it outboard,sterndrive or inboard that uses an electric fuel pump must be wired so in the event of an engine stall or shutdown the pump MUST be deenergized.

but its still a simple speed density EFI that works mostly like all other speed density EFI systems.

I have a marine tech guide downstairs that tells what happens to a motor that has a fever.
    jinglish and why you need to know .

Comment

Thanks. Rodbolt I tried having the throttle set at or about 1200. Started and then stalled.

Comment

Boscoe I sent you a PM. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Finale View Post
          Thanks. Rodbolt I tried having the throttle set at or about 1200. Started and then stalled.
          1200 RPM won't get it. According to my Yam data the pump motor runs at low speed at an engine RPM of 1500 or less. Above 1500 engine RPM the pump kicks into high speed mode.

Try it again keeping the motor above 1500 RPM.

Comment

Still not continuing to run. Seems hard on the engine starting at that rpm and then dies.

Comment

test each pulser coil output. carefully test the blue pump wires from the ecu to the pump. test the ECU grounds.

Comment

Working...
              X