Question #1
    How do you test this part?
    65L-85370-00-00 Resistor Assy

Question #2
    How do you test this part?
    65L-81950-00-00 Relay Assy

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Boscoe will see what happens. seems the o motor only runs when the high pressure pump neg side is grounded to the block by a jumper. Something is not telling it to turn back on when the motor starts.

Comment

A bad (failed open) resistor might do that.

Comment

Hi Boscoe99. I went and set my ohm meter at 200 and checked the resistor and only registered 00.8

Comment

Very low resistance values are hard to see on a multi-meter.

Do you have a meter that auto ranges?

If so, set it on the ohms scale. Hold the probes together to determine the base line resistance of the probe tips, leads and the device itself. You might see something like .3 ohms.

Then measure the fuel pump resistor. Take whatever value is seen on your multi-meter and subtract from that the 0.3 ohms value to find the true resistance of the component.

What is the new value?

Comment

Yes I have a Fieldpiece auto.
              So it test lead to lead at 0.3
              on the resistor it came in at 0.9
              = 0.6

Comment

Seems the resistor is within specifications.

Don't forget that wiring to and from the resistor can be a problem. An open wire to the resistor would be the same as the resistor failing open.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe, I have already ordered the resistor.
                  Any chance you could run me through the process for checking the relay. Hate to short anything out or blow it up.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

sorry I am the stupid tech.
                    Boscoe this one is all yours

Comment

Ha thanks Rodbolt, you should be lookin through these eyes.

Comment

the above relay diagram gives any and all information on testing it.

waste of time in this case as you already confirmed it works.

a quick test for the resistor you ask????

simply advance the throttle lightly,crank it up.
                        if the ECU is getting a run signal from the pulser coils and the ground path to the ECU is good it will run above about 1200 RPM.

after about 1200 RPM the resistor is bypassed and out of the circuit.
                        above about 1200 RPM the resistor can be tossed in the creek.

see how easy this troubleshooting is?

Comment

What is nice is the info and help you people give to people like me. Can't spell motor but I can build one, just takes the right people with their past experience passed on to us. And here you were going to leave it to Boscoe. Will keep after it.

Thanks again

Comment

do a bit of reading on how the system works.
                            do a bit of study on the harness diagram.

cant do much trouble shooting if you don't know what its supposed to do.
                            if you don't know what its supposed to do how do you tell if its not doing it???

Comment

Send me your email address and I will send you some food for thought.

I agree that if someone does not understand what is supposed to happen, and when, then it is all but impossible to trouble shoot.

Yamaha is woefully lacking in theory and description of operation. And what they do publish has errors or misstatements. One document refers to the main relay as the fuel pump relay. Try looking for a fuel pump relay that is separate from the main relay and you will have a difficult search.

Comment

Working...
                              X