2007 F250TXR yamaha low rpm running trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F250TXR yamaha low rpm running trouble

Ran out about 8 miles at 4,000rpm into the bay with no issues until I got off the throttle to look for fish. Ran rough about a minute then cut off. Would not restart. Finally figured out it would run disengaged above 2,000 rpm. Manually throttled up at the motor with throttle arm off and got my kid to chunk it in gear. Made it back with no issues. Until the dock when we went to neutral it cut off after a bit.
    Been through the gas side VST ,filters and injectors. Same result. If I open the throttle body and manually open the valve a little it fires right up. Got me thinking its the TPS pressure sensor. Trying to keep from from taking it to a shop but might have too. Any help or knowledge would be appreciated.

Not an expert by any means ..... with that said, if you are going to try to fix this thing yourself, I would get a YDS test kit ( program and harness) .. I picked up an aftermarket on e-bay for about 60 bucks i think ... Used it one time and it led me right to the issue ... at least you might get a code you can post, and most likely someone on this site that is in the know can help you out ...

Comment

Thanks ttles just ordered one. The ebay price wasn't too bad either.

Comment

IAC valve may no be working
        can you hear it rattling, toggling to 100% when the key is turned off getting ready for the next start up?

Comment

I can hear a constant humming. Visually I've watched the throttle damper open 90 degrees then close in that cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974Hogg View Post
            I can hear a constant humming. Visually I've watched the throttle damper open 90 degrees then close in that cycle.
            sorry, that makes no sense to me

I asked about the Idle air control valve

Comment

I don't hear rattling or toggling. Not sure here but I have an electric throttle valve.

Comment

https://vimeo.com/264625510 functioning
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Here are a couple pictures of what I have. Took a bit to figure out how to post pictures.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got the YDS software hooked up to the motor. Gonna try and post the results. The diagnosis record readout was for throttle position sensor and electronic throttle valve.. With the motor running and viewing the engine monitor screen (YPS)the TPS sensors 1&2 would flash red and then back to normal. Not familiar with the software and hoping someone else might have seen this issue or chime in before I buy a replacement ETV.

Comment

Working...
                    X