No announcement yet.

FT9.9 1998 AEX European Running Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That prime start needle has to extend all the way after a few minutes running to close off the enrichment passage completely or it will run rich. Is the tip of the needle in good shape?

Comment

Thanks Panasonic, needle tip looks ok, the needle moves 9mm after a few minutes of 12v. Is this enough?

Comment

Hello Cleddau1

I can't say right now as I am away from home for several weeks and have no access to any service manuals. Perhaps stick a piece of wire in the hole where the prime start valve goes and measure the depth and compare to the length of needle/piston assy when fully extended. Sorry I can't help anymore then that right now.

Those prime start enrichment valves can be troublesome for sure. They usually just fail completely making the engine very difficult to start or run severely rich.

Comment

Solved! On the top of the Primestart device is a well-hidden adjusting screw. Turning this alters the start point and hence the end point of the needle once power is applied. I turned this such that the needle would be inserted as deeply as possible. Engine now runs perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X