Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 200 hpdi, ECU "thinks" remote oil tank needs filling, alarm sounding with KOEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 200 hpdi, ECU "thinks" remote oil tank needs filling, alarm sounding with KOEO

The ECU thinks the remote oil tank needs oil feed to it. I ohmed out the float and it tests good. no bars flashing on my gauge. even though the remote tank is full it keeps feeding oil to it and its overflowing.

Do you have any questions for the community or are you just lamenting your woes?

Comment

And... just to be clear, you're talking about the MAIN oil tank, right? The one on the engine is the main tank... the big one is the boat is the remote.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

just a wild guess, but if the float switches test good maybe the wiring is bad

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
          And... just to be clear, you're talking about the MAIN oil tank, right? The one on the engine is the main tank... the big one is the boat is the remote.
          Thanks for clarifying, I had it backwards, its pumping oil to the main tank and over filling it. Still learning for sure.

And I apologize, I did not do a very good job making my first post more into a question. I am hoping that someone has run across the same circumstance.

Comment

Note... there are guys on here with much more knowledge than me, but these are things I would check until someone gives better advice...

With the float out of the main tank, but still connected to wires, the float should drop down and simulate a low tank. Do you then get an indicator of low oil on your gauge display? I'm wondering if there's a disconnect in the wires from the float to the ECM.

If the dash gauge reads properly by you manually moving the float... could the pump somehow be stuck in an ON position?
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

For closure, it ended up being the ecu. swapped it with another one and the problem went away. thanks for all the input for sure all the suggestions were tried. This was a great learning experience.

Comment

Working...
              X