YDS Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YDS Database

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem connecting to my engine with YDS. I've searched on the forum and on the internet and haven't found the solution, so I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I have a 2016 115 HP Fourstroke Yamaha and I bought a cable and software kit on Ebay which said it should work with engines up to 2017. It's YDS version 1.33, I seem to be able to see the engine but it says that it's missing "SE0021.dbf" when I try to connect. Does anyone have that file by any chance? Or is there a way to get it somehow? Or am I doing something wrong? Any info or help is much appreciated!

The engine I'm working on is actually my dad's, and it seems to be lacking power. Does YDS allow you to do cylinder cut outs or test injectors? I'm really curious to see what I can monitor and what functions are available! Anyways, let me know if anyone out there can help or has any suggestions

Thanks a lot

EQ
    2016 Yamaha F115/2015 Mercury 90

This thread should help:

https://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/...question/page5

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks Scott, lots of good info on that thread. I'm pretty sure I have everything set up correctly on the computer to communicate, it just seems to be looking for the database file. I've contacted a few people that I'm hoping can provide me with the missing database file. I don't know how advanced this program is, but I want to take a look and see what I can see. Did you ever get your computer connected to your engine? I'm wondering if there's any diagnostic self tests it will let you preform.
      EQ
      2016 Yamaha F115/2015 Mercury 90

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastboater115 View Post
        Thanks Scott, lots of good info on that thread. I'm pretty sure I have everything set up correctly on the computer to communicate, it just seems to be looking for the database file. I've contacted a few people that I'm hoping can provide me with the missing database file. I don't know how advanced this program is, but I want to take a look and see what I can see. Did you ever get your computer connected to your engine? I'm wondering if there's any diagnostic self tests it will let you preform.
        Yes, we did eventfully get it working.. It's been awhile and I don't remember exactly what we did..

As I re-call, everything in that post, contributed by others, helped getting it working..

Someone here will chime in with the needed info, couldn't have done it W/O em..

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X