2001 OX66 pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KW2220CC View Post
    motor is a LX200TXRZ , crank looks surprisingly good , cant feel anything with the fingernail , dropped it off at the machine shop today to get checked out .

After taking it apart I made the right call when I turned around at the end of the no wake zone , only had a half mile ride back to the dock

its hard to tell in the pic but the the bore doesnt look that bad above the ports , that would explain why the rings are tore up , I measured the ring in gap on that cylinder and the top ring was in spec

0.014 for the top ring and 0.015 for the bottom ring
    rings arnt* tore up

Comment

how do you know my gender ? its 2021 and there are 52 options

Comment

Anybody know why the parts manuals show the #1 piston as a separate item but has the same part number as #3 and #5 ? the rings show the same part number
        The year prior to your model year motor, two different pistons were used. One part number for cylinder #1 and a different part number for cylinders #3 and #5. See illustration below.

The following year, in the LX200TXRZ model ,Yamaha used the same piston part number in cylinders #1, #3 and #5. Rather than redo the illustration they simply changed the part number of the 67H piston to the 64D piston.

Comment

So no boring to the block, just a hone?

Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

how do you know my gender ? its 2021 and there are 52 options
            Born and been a dude for 72 years now. All I know is when arrested and on the way to jail, I am identifying as female. Put me in with the ladies please. Rather have a bull dyke beat me up than a young buck.

Comment

going bore them all . figured since i'm this far into I might as well

Comment

Working...
              X