O2 Sensor in Yamaha FT60DET 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg

dosnt this place have con*****er,moderater,,block button,,dumb__ck stopper thingee...jeez !! enough is enough !! GET a grip !!

Comment

Originally posted by bajakeith View Post
      dosnt this place have con*****er,moderater,,block button,,dumb__ck stopper thingee...jeez !! enough is enough !! GET a grip !!
      IMO, enjoy the show or un-subscribe.

He's ignoring most advise form everyone and we get to watch him re-engineer/blow up his engine. He hasn't done anything against rules, just ignoring how to fix his issue(if he even has one).

Pass the popcorn please!
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Not ignoring, considering carefully. I use the boat for transport to the mainland (HK Island) so I take all feedback seriously. I need sound engineering reasons not "because that's the way its done" or not done that way. There was commentary to the effect that Yamahas did have a tendency to run rich as opposed to perhaps Honda. I want to know if this is actually the case. The main culprit of the overly rich burn has been found, in part because of this forum. It was the fuel regulator. The fuel pressure never dropped below 42psi. Now I dont leave the dock if its over 32. prop is no longer black. I am chasing 167ml/km. This is based on an article on ebay I read about a guy that was getting (or claimed to be) 14 mpg (statue miles and US gallons) at 25mph. Remapping an ecu is nothing new and it is not rocket science or (reddwarf) its actually quite fascinating. Actually so far I haven't found an programmable ECU so reducing fuel pressure seems to be the easiest way to lean the mixture. Will I burn a n exhaust valve as a result of an overly lean mixture under load? Its possible. To minimize this I intend to monitor exhaust gas temps and air fuel mixture.

Comment

Working...
        X