No announcement yet.

keihin oil pump swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - new to the forum but found this thread on a google search. I have a 1989 40ESF that is leaking oil into the bottom carb and cylinder then out of the exhaust. I suspected the internal check valves in the Keihin oil pump but upon inspecting the pump itself it says "Mikuni". Since mine is an '89 I'm assuming this means the pump has been replaced at some point by the previous owner.

Boscoe99 - I would be interested in seeing the install kit instructions just to verify what is on my motor vs. what was supposed to be installed as part of the "kit". FYI - I already installed inline check valves (6E9-13183-70-00) on each of the oil lines and it did not fix the problem.

Could the fact that oil is not just making it to the carb but also into the cylinder indicate a problem with the reed valves? Forgive me if this is a stupid question - I'm fairly new to working on my own outboards but I've learned a lot by wrenching on this motor the last few years.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bumping an old thread - if I need to start a new one I will.

Comment

I would start a new one .

might check on the crankcase re circulation valves also.
      I found 3 of the 4 on my C40 bad a year or so ago along with the bottom seal letting oil run down the drive shaft and into the water pump

Comment

The kits that addressed the OP's motor are not applicable to a 40 HP two stroke.

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I'll start a new thread.

Comment

Working...
          X