keihin oil pump swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keihin oil pump swap

Hi all first post new to the forum. If I'm swapping the pump one for one should I have to adjust the linkage from the carb to the pump? Does anyone have detailed steps on pump removal and replacement and bleeding/priming the system? Thanks again Robert

Forgot to mention 1986 175etlj

Comment

Nobody? Just trying to figure out if I need to adjust the oil injection linkage when eplacing the pump with the same model?

Comment

I can't speak from experience, but if it's a simple swap without messing with the linkage to start with, wouldn't it go right back on without adjusting?

However, there are more experienced people on this forum that can give you a better answer. But you need to be patient. Not everything in life is available on YOUR schedule. Sometimes you have to wait.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Thanks Dennis thats what I was hoping to hear sorry if it came off rushed.

Comment

I don't think the Keihin pumps are available. They were replaced by Mikuni pumps in 1990.

Yamaha USA offers a pump "kit" that is used to convert from the old pump to the new pump.

And yes, it should be adjusted once it is installed. I am old enough to remember having to replace points. They had to be adjusted upon installation.

By the same set of gears for a lower unit and guess what? They have to be inspected and adjusted, if necessary.

Comment

I thought this went through about a half hour ago, but I guess not... I meant to add:

I would wait till someone more experienced responds before starting on the repair - just in case there's something I wasn't thinking of.
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

This is the part # 6G5-W1320-00-00 ordered from SIM Yamaha. Is this the keihin pump?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1986EBKO View Post
                  This is the part # 6G5-W1320-00-00 ordered from SIM Yamaha. Is this the keihin pump?
                  Nope. Keihin pumps were discontinued many, many years ago.

It is the kit that will contain a Mikuni pump.

Comment

Ok being a kit does it include all associated oil lines and check valves?

Comment

Think I might of ordered my parts a little premature.

Comment

Why is that? If the oil pump is kaput you need a new one. The Keihin pumps are not available. Have not been available for about 25 years. The Mikuni pump kit is the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1986EBKO View Post
                          Ok being a kit does it include all associated oil lines and check valves?
                          Yes. And a few other parts.

Comment

I don't want to get in over my head and destroy my motor the pump swap didn't seem to difficult but now not so sure. Does the mikuni pump bolt right on or is there a adapter for a different bolt pattern?

Comment

Send me your email address by PM and I will send you the kit install instructions. You can then decide if you want to do this, have someone do it for you, or just call it a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X