Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Yamaha 60 TLRC Oil level sensor wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boscoe, what program did you use? PI?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
      Boscoe, what program did you use? PI?
      Yes. PI. Using the Hotlinks for forums you mentioned. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        I think I might have gotten it sorted out.

A 2 HP compressor motor.

On another site there appears to be quite a bit of disinformation about what happens when two dissimilar batteries (type/size/age) are charged in parallel. My tests were to try and see what is really going on.
        are there diodes involved to keep one higher voltage battery from feeding voltage and current into the other one?
        I see no way 2 batteries tied together would not cross feed each other unless something was done to keep that from happening

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

are there diodes involved to keep one higher voltage battery from feeding voltage and current into the other one?
          I see no way 2 batteries tied together would not cross feed each other unless something was done to keep that from happening
          No diodes are involved.

The alternator voltage (higher than either battery) is keeping either battery from feeding current the other battery.

Now if two batteries are not being powered by an alternator/battery charger/R/R, and are placed in parallel, then yes the battery with the higher voltage would provide current to the battery with the lesser voltage.

Comment

No diodes are involved.

The alternator voltage (higher than either battery) is keeping either battery from feeding current the other battery.

Now if two batteries are not being powered by an alternator/battery charger/R/R, and are placed in parallel, then yes the battery with the higher voltage would provide current to the battery with the lesser voltage.
            so do you have 2 outputs on that alternator ,one going to each battery?
            I would think if only one, then the batteries would have to be paralleled by the leads going to them from the one source.

I hope the OP doe not mind us talking about your project on his thread, but that his questions were answered already.

maybe you are using a Yamaha RR with it's second output for house battery?
            Last edited by 99yam40; 10-24-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I have three power sources. One, a 100 amp automobile alternator. Two, a motorcycle R/R powered with AC from a permanent magnet generator (aka dynamo). Three, a 12 volt power supply that is powered by 110 AC.

Yes, two outputs from the alternator. Or two from the R/R. Or two from the other device. One to each battery. But only one of the three devices is charging the batteries at any one time.

I could just as well run one power feed to one battery and then parallel the other battery from the first battery. Electrically it is the same.

Comment

just seems strange to me to have one power source and 2 batteries tied to it that have different voltages.
                I have tried to charge 2 smaller gel cells before with a single source charger or solar cell ,
                and the voltages at both batteries was the same, but different amps going into them.
                your second pic boggles my mind, with only 12.9v on one and 14v+ on the other

Comment

In the second photo the batteries are not in paralled. Thus no current flow. Only residual battery voltage is seen. The switch between the alternator and the battery is open.

Comment

Uuuuhhh !! OK,, I'm SO Confused !! LOL 1st da W/P gasket.. holy s__t! 2nd I sea a Non Marine GM alternator hooked up very strangly. I use one of my two "Fluke's" and save some time and grief.....
                    HI Jack how's the fishing

Comment

In the second photo the batteries are not in paralled. Thus no current flow. Only residual battery voltage is seen. The switch between the alternator and the battery is open.
                      OK that makes things more clear, my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                        Uuuuhhh !! OK,, I'm SO Confused !! LOL 1st da W/P gasket.. holy s__t! 2nd I sea a Non Marine GM alternator hooked up very strangly. I use one of my two "Fluke's" and save some time and grief.....
                        HI Jack how's the fishing
                        What is that concoction that you are drinking? I need to try a snort or two.

Comment

Working...
                        X