Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Yamaha 60 TLRC Oil level sensor wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 60 TLRC Oil level sensor wiring...

2004 Yamaha 60TLRC Oil level sensor wiring... Boat only has buzzer on 704 control console, no digital tach.
    I tested and determined that the oil level float sensor was bad, previous owner solved the problem by unhooking the pink ground wire (circle B) once I found it and hooked the bullet connector back up the low oil level alarm horn just stayed on when key in on position.

So I replaced the oil level sensor with a new OEM part, tested new float b4 installing on ohm meter, all good.
    when i hooked everything back up and turn key on, buzzer stays on... So disconnect plug circled in A from new float and alarm goes off, plug it back up alarm back on. unplugged Circle A plug from float sensor leaving pink wire hooked up (Circle B) and (black wire grounded to block) and drained the oil tank, as the oil level gets nearly empty Low Oil Alarm sounds as it should. I refilled the oil tank turned the key off, then back on and alarm went off.
    My question is this... Since I don't have the Multifunction tach, with all the bells and whistles is it necessary that the connector in circle A be plugged up ? as long as the Alarm sounds when the tank is near empty my system is working as it should the way it set up now correct ? I also tested the temperature sensor in boiling water to verify that it was functioning as design to. when submerged in boiling water it sounds the alarm like it should. I am just perplexed as to why having that (A Connector) plugged up sets off the alarm, there is a Green/Red wiring coming out of it and another color wire that I can't remember.

Oh also, why are the connectors in Circle C connected together in the wiring harness ?

Comment

The connectors in circle C are connected together because some fool know notheth what he was doing. Disconnect those and see what happens.
      Last edited by boscoe99; 10-22-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        The connectors in circle C are connected together because some fool know notheth what he was doing. Disconnect those and see what happens.
        Oh I'm certain it was the same one who installed the gasket for the water pump housing like this. They also did not reinstall the seal for the water pickup tube in water pump housing causing it to overheat at idle. this motor is riddled with the evidence work done by of the hands of a moron.
        I disconnected A and C and everything is working as it should now.

Comment

How are you inserting photos to your messages? Are yours from a URL or are they uploaded as an attachment?

Most of mine are coming out very tired looking and blurry. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowRide View Post
            Oh I'm certain it was the same one who installed the gasket for the water pump housing like this. They also did not reinstall the seal for the water pickup tube in water pump housing causing it to overheat at idle. this motor is riddled with the evidence work done by of the hands of a moron.
            I disconnected A and C and everything is working as it should now.

That is GREAT! And a first..(at least here)..

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

How are you inserting photos to your messages? Are yours from a URL or are they uploaded as an attachment?

Most of mine are coming out very tired looking and blurry. What am I doing wrong?
              Go to https://postimages.org/ , and make a free acct.

Once you have pic's on your puter, upload them to Post Image.

You'll then have a option to share ("Hotlink for forums"). Use the link for forums and you can upload any pic..

IE:

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-23-2020, 11:46 AM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Uploaded from my Computer as an attachment.

Comment

yea, That is what I try to do most of the time.
                  copy and paste does not work well all of the time either

Comment

==============

Comment

Last edited by boscoe99; 10-23-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Testing. Getting aggravated.

Comment

Comment

looks good to me,
                            what is turning the alternator?

Comment

I think I might have gotten it sorted out.

A 2 HP compressor motor.

On another site there appears to be quite a bit of disinformation about what happens when two dissimilar batteries (type/size/age) are charged in parallel. My tests were to try and see what is really going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X