Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impeller housing install vane direction??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller housing install vane direction??

Hi guys!! When installing new impeller and putting housing on WHAT direction an I turning the drive shaft ???? Im thinking clockwise since my mercruiser housing eases on that way but this is my 1st Yamaha 2000 200HP Saltwater series 2 stroke.Thanks

All motors I have seen turn clockwise looking from the top

Comment

+1 above ^^.

Might use a little liquid dish wash soap on the impeller when slipping the cover over the impeller too...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

thanks guys.I usually use a light coat of marine grease in the housing .BTW I also heat the impeller slightly to soften the rubber impeller so it eases into the housing.I learned this only because I tried doing an impeller change in a cold garage in Feb and it wouldnt go on from being too stiff from the cold so now I heat it a little.Actually warm it

Comment

rubber does not always get along well with all greases, so keep that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            rubber does not always get along well with all greases, so keep that in mind
            I have never had an issue with using marine grease on rubber impeller,bellows etc.Now if you are talking about " a rubber" .....different story!!! Lol

Comment

Working...
            X