No announcement yet.

1995 Yamaha 225 2cycle carb engine flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, glad you found your problem. My post about the enrichment valve was obviously not it.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      hahahaha
      5 star
      while a good start a 5 star simply means a tech passed a video course.

my bet is not only are the carbs thoroughly pooched now but some of the solenoid orings are missing.

that setup has been out of production for about 20 years now.
      means that 25 yr old tech most likely never saw one.

your best bet at this point is to find a dealership with a tech that has been at it at least 20 yrs and has a master tech certifiucate on the wall.

the system is unique in the fact that it can destroy an engine due to a failed lift pump,a failed oring on a solenoid or a faulty/missing t-stat on the stbd side.

once you do a few dozen and work behind some untrained techs the system gets pretty easy.
      only when it throws code 11 is there an issue most techs and even Kennesaw did not know . if you get a code 11 I will solve it for a few jacksons :) .

I am guessing it would indicate the ECS has detected a failure of the pulser coil. But only in later model motors.

Did I win, did I win? What did I win?

Comment

I always wanted to work on a japanese transmissyion
        yea I had blond hair when that commercial came out.
        better get mako.

and yes, I have gotten the "what oring" answer .

Comment

code 13 is a pulser failure.
          code 11 does not exist, according to Kennesaw.

if you get one I can solve it for a few jacksons .

its one of the times I get paid for what I know not what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            code 13 is a pulser failure.
            code 11 does not exist, according to Kennesaw.

if you get one I can solve it for a few jacksons .

its one of the times I get paid for what I know not what I do.
            Yamaha says code 11. Give the RTA boys a call and see what they say. If they know what in the heck you are talking about. Most of them there today might not have even heard of a carbegator.

Comment

that's what the book says, yet that's usually not what it is.
              I have only seen it twice.

Comment

your right about the carb comment.
                I have worked with techs that had never seen carbs.
                I have also worked with techs that cannot understand what a Voltage drop test is nor why to test it.
                its absolutely amazing how many techs cannot interpet the YDS information nor their DVM information.

Comment

Here's your Jackson. In Atlanta they named the airport after him.

Tell me what code 11 is for the motor in question? Sensors that feed information to the ECS or maybe a failed solenoid valve?

Last edited by boscoe99; 02-21-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Where is the manual over rude? I have followed the lines from #5 carb where the pump draws from and up the lines and dont see anything. There is a valve in the return line from the pressure relive valve, is that also an over ride.

Comment

hamiltons don't cut it .

the manual valve is that red lever with a spring lock on the lower port side.

the one real flaw of the design is if the T stat on the stbd side sticks it can cause the ecu to think the engine is cold.

this will lead to #6 carb(lowest stbd side) to run dry.
                      the fuel used for enrichment is drawn from #6 bowl and at or near WOT and the ECU "thinking" its cold will allow #6 bowl to run lean and burn a #6 piston.

the only other issue we really saw was fuel pump diaphrams.
                      one lean sneeze is sometimes all it took to pop a diaphragm.

Comment

Originally posted by doublebarjranch View Post
                        Where is the manual over rude? I have followed the lines from #5 carb where the pump draws from and up the lines and dont see anything. There is a valve in the return line from the pressure relive valve, is that also an over ride.
                        Who are you talking to? I can't find a comment from anyone about a manual over ride valve.

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
                          Who put the electric fuel pump on it?
                          Yamaha did it.

Comment

dude.
                            that was the whole point of the Vx76 designation.
                            the stbd bank of carbs feed the port bank.
                            the port carbs feed the stbd bank.
                            so your description of the #5 carb is actually the carb that feeds #6.

on the code 11.
                            I have seen it twice due to corrosion at the CPS connector.
                            dunno why dunno how but the ECU will appearently see an increase in temp but not full temp and it can throw it.

first one took a while to figure out.

Comment

Got 0-rings replaced and flooding is gone. Not idling as smooth as it did befor but seems smooth at 1800 rpm's and strong. Tommarow will be water test. Thank you again for all the great information. $7.00 for O-rings after paying one shop $300.00 and another shop $1100.00 and I didn't even get a kiss. And yes the pump draws off #6 I was standing in the wrong direction.
                              Last edited by doublebarjranch; 02-21-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

It was in the on position and caused a rich run after I sealed the solinoids. I found it with y'alls help and stopped the rich run. Thank you. Today is water test day..

Comment

Working...
                                X