No announcement yet.

Wanting to add a battery charging circuit to manual "pull start" F25LMHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strength of some magnets today are dangerous.

Comment

stronger magnets or more magnets maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Harper View Post
        That reg/rect supplied on the manual/pull start engine from factory only runs the fuel injection system, you will need to buy/install a new rect from Yamaha, it is a different part number but looks the same visually, you will need to look up the part number for the reg/rect on the same year model F25 but it has to be a factory electric start model, that reg/rect is the one you need to run battery charging on the manual/pull start version.
        Hi Tony,
        I have a 2018 F25GMH outboard and I'm also trying to charge a battery from it. I have fitted a new and original wire lead (6FM-81949-00) between engine and battery but it is not charging the engine. Will I just need to replace my rectifier/regulator with 6FM-81960-10-00 or will I also need to replace the stator?
        Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad D 1974 View Post
          Hello, I have a wood boat I just finished up and installed a new 2020 F25 manual "pull" start engine. I would like to add a battery and some electronics like a fish finder and nav lights. The owners manual says it has a 16amp alternator. I've located the rectifier/regulator but am unsure where to wire the battery leads and fuse block. It seems this should be straight forward but I can't find any info on the matter. Is there an installation kit required? There doesn't appear anywhere connect 12ga wiring.
          Hi,
          Have you managed to work out what parts you need to charge a battery from your engine yet? If so, could you let me know and any part number(s) as I’m trying to do the same.
          Thanks,
          Pieter.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonwah00 View Post
            I am trying to do the same. I have a 2019 Yamaha F25 SMHC, which is the manual start. I would like to be able to charge my battery from the engine.
            I do not want to add the electric start kit though. What parts would I need to order?

Would it just be?
            6FM-81960-10-00 (Rectifier and Regulator ASSY)

Also has anyone tried this and how well does it charge the battery?
            I have a 35AH battery, and my electronics draws about max 3 amps, and I plan to be on the water a max of 8 hours.

Thanks!
            Hi Jason,
            Have you managed to work out what parts you need to charge a battery from your engine yet? If so, could you let me know and any part number(s) as I’m trying to do the same.
            Thanks,
            Pieter.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman View Post

Hi Tony,
              I have a 2018 F25GMH outboard and I'm also trying to charge a battery from it. I have fitted a new and original wire lead (6FM-81949-00) between engine and battery but it is not charging the engine. Will I just need to replace my rectifier/regulator with 6FM-81960-10-00 or will I also need to replace the stator?
              Thanks in advance for your help.
              This is a USA website. The F25GMH is not offered here. Not recognizable to us.

If you provide the complete engine ID someone here might be able to help you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t twigged this was a USA site.
                I’ll have a look and post the engine ID. It’s basically a short shaft, manual start, tiller steered 25hp EFI engine from 2018 if that helps enough at this moment in time? It’s a bit late in the evening here (23:24)

Comment

There were 7 F25 models offered here in the US in 2018. See the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    There were 7 F25 models offered here in the US in 2018. See the problem?
                    It’s an F25GMH, 6FMK 1018680 manufactured 07/18.
                    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
                      It’s an F25GMH, 6FMK 1018680 manufactured 07/18.
                      Thanks for your help.
                      F25GMC similar to US model F25SMHC.

Modification similar to the OP's model will be needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X