2016 Yamaha 150 gas leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Yamaha 150 gas leak

I bought a 2016 yamaha 150 a few months ago. It had 40 hrs on it and since then I have put about 30 more on it and it has run great. Yesterday when I started it gas was leaking from a screw on the front part of the midsection near the bottom. It was leaking at a pretty good rate. I took off the cowling cover and inside was completely dry. After letting the motor cool I restarted it and after about 3 minutes the leak started again. Any ideas?

Comment

There's no fuel lines down that low. Your leak is coming from somewhere much higher than that.

Most of the fuel parts are on the starboard side of the engine, fuel pumps(if an F150) are on the rear.

Pull the top cover, put it on muffs and crank it up (if no fuel run off is visible) .

Keep a close eye for the leak, might keep a fire extinguisher close...

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I do not understand why you have not looked while it was leaking to see where it is coming from

Comment

I did look while it was running but I can’t see any other evidence of the leak until it comes out under the screw

Comment

Has there been any maintenance on the motor recently?

Comment

No. No work has been done on it since I bought it

Comment

I talked to a mechanic earlier and sent him the video and I heard the four words you never want to hear, “never seen that before…”

Comment

It really shouldn't be that hard to find..

A strong flashlight, get some water to it, or in the water, some rev's (not crazy high) maybe..
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yeah it seems like it should be easy to see the leak but I cant find one. A friend suggested maybe a fuel injector was stuck in open position. I dont know. Bringing it to mechanic Monday. Thanks fir the help

Comment

Working...
                    X