Yamaha 25 - Flush port blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25 - Flush port blocked

I have a new Yamaha F25 motor and it pees just fine in water and just fine when flushing with muffs.
    However I cannot get any water to go in the flushing port on the side. No matter how much pressure I put on the hose it seems completely blocked.

Any idea how I might go about finding what has this port blocked?

Thanks,
    Keith

look into it, shove a weed wacker line up it, or take it off and inspect farther

Comment

Are you screwing the hose onto the right piece? You should be attaching the hose to the female piece. The male piece is just a "holder". But if you are on the right spot, follow the hose that goes inside the engine and disconnect it somewhere - see if water is flowing through the hose. Sometimes, though, they don't pee while on the flush adapter. And other times, the pee hole is just clogged.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Thanks.

I am screwing a male garden hose end into the female garden hose on the side of the engine.
        Its no peeing and its not coming out anywhere else. I am pretty certain water is going in at all.

I do not think its related to the pee side as it works fine when using flush muffs. I think its related to the input of water to the flush port.
        Seems the line goes into the side of the motor. Guess I need to find how to take that apart and look at it.

Comment

Need a complete model. There are many many many different versions of the F25.

All F25's are created equally. Some are more equallyer than others.

Comment

F25SMHC is the model number

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyKeith View Post
              Thanks.

I am screwing a male garden hose end into the female garden hose on the side of the engine.
              Its no peeing and its not coming out anywhere else. I am pretty certain water is going in at all.
              OK. Sounds silly, but I had to ask. A couple years ago (I think it was on a different forum, but not sure), I remember a post where a guy was complaining about how "stupid" the Yamaha flush adapter was. He ranted on and on about how he couldn't just easily hook up a hose to it - he first had to get an adapter to change the male end of his garden hose to a female end. Then, once he did that, it STILL didin't work and he blamed the stupid Yamaha engineers for this stupid system..... True story.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

OK. Sounds silly, but I had to ask. A couple years ago (I think it was on a different forum, but not sure), I remember a post where a guy was complaining about how "stupid" the Yamaha flush adapter was. He ranted on and on about how he couldn't just easily hook up a hose to it - he first had to get an adapter to change the male end of his garden hose to a female end. Then, once he did that, it STILL didin't work and he blamed the stupid Yamaha engineers for this stupid system..... True story.
                I think you got it in your earlier reply, OP the garden hose needs to connect with the hose that was screwed off the adaptor.

Comment

Yes it is a very stupid Yamaha design. I guess had they made the side adaptor where the water should go in, then the sealing cap required would have needed some cable or string to stop it accidentally falling off. One could then say it was a good design to minimise parts.

Comment

Now I am confused.

So I have a normal garden hose with a normal male end. It screws just fine into the female end on the motor. No adapters everything looks good to me.
                    Are you saying I need a female-to-female and need to hook that between the garden hose (male) and the male end on the motor? That would be weird engineering design.

Unfortunately I don't have the boat close by to go look again.

Comment

see video.....
                      https://youtu.be/8EBdwxUqmDc

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyKeith View Post
                        Now I am confused.

So I have a normal garden hose with a normal male end. It screws just fine into the female end on the motor. No adapters everything looks good to me.
                        Are you saying I need a female-to-female and need to hook that between the garden hose (male) and the male end on the motor? That would be weird engineering design.

Unfortunately I don't have the boat close by to go look again.
                        No, you were correct with the way you did it. Male hose end to female engine connector. I was only explaining why I asked what sounded like a silly question. Read through what I wrote - it's kinda funny!

Comment

Sorry I probably added to the confusion. It all depends where in the world you are.
                          In Australia we tend to use snap fittings and our hoses tend to have female fittings at either ends. So when we attach a hose to something we need to click into a male fitting. That Yamaha outboard adaptor here in Australia therefore needs first a male adaptor screwed into that Yamaha female adaptor, hence annoying to us!
                          And yes many an Aussie, at first thought we needed to connect to the fitting on the engine only to realise there isn’t a hole in it.
                          Last edited by zenoahphobic; 02-25-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Dennis I did read your email it is a funny story, though probably somewhat embarrasing to the person who hooked it up backwards...

Zenoah, I married a Tassie gal so pretty used to the differences with all my trips back there. Should have seen me trying to buy a 2x4 at the lumber store. In Australia (of course) they don't use inches so its referred to by its dimensions in millimeters.

Thanks everyone - seems I do have it hooked up right. Seems when I get to the boat again, I need to try and trace the flush line and see where it goes and if I can find the blockage. I will also try the whipper snipper (for our Aussie friend) line and see what happens. I was worried that if i put in the line i would only push whatever it is tighter into where its stuck. I was thinking maybe I could find a place to insert the line to push the blockage out the flush rather than further into the motor. But I haven't a clue where that might be.

Comment

Yeah, that story was funny because the guy was going on and on and on about how idiotic the system is and then, after multiple people trying to explain it to him, the light bulb FINALLY went off... although I think it was still a little dim... It was one of those Homer Simpson "Doh!" moments.

Once you get to the engine, it will be easy enough to follow the hose that leads to the block. Disconnect it there and blow backwards - air or water or whatever - or the trimmer line. But don't try to squeeze a young, energetic boy through the hose as that would be child abuse. Zeno (and any of our younger crowd out there): That's what I think of when I hear "whipper snapper".... some 80 year old man telling a young kid to knock it off... "Settle down, you little whipper snapper!".

Comment

Working...
                              X