Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alarm on yamaha 50 tlr

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • alarm on yamaha 50 tlr

    Is the alarm for the above the same as the small horn button? trying to find my alarm to see if its working?

  • #2
    you did not give much info on the motor or the boat it is attached to,
    but the R says it is a remote con*****ed motor,
    so the buzzer will be in the controls what ever they are

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      you did not give much info on the motor or the boat it is attached to,
      but the R says it is a remote con*****ed motor,
      so the buzzer will be in the controls what ever they are
      I believe it is on the control knob but not sure how to test it, bought a manual on line but so far cannot find a way to test for any audible signal. By the way thanks so much for your help in my previous problem.

      Comment


      • #4
        If a tiller model the warning horn will be in the tiller handle.

        If an external side mount control box (key switch is part of the control box) the warning horn will be in the control box.

        If a top mount control box the warning horn will be in the switch panel.

        Pull the kill switch lanyard. Crank the motor. The horn will probably sound.zhorn.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          If a tiller model the warning horn will be in the tiller handle.

          If an external side mount control box (key switch is part of the control box) the warning horn will be in the control box.

          If a top mount control box the warning horn will be in the switch panel.

          Pull the kill switch lanyard. Crank the motor. The horn will probably sound.zhorn.jpg
          No sound when I done either check with the kill switch lanyard or the disconnecting the water sensor wires (black and pink) from another web site suggestion, and connecting them together. Now to try and locate the little thing to see what is going on!
          Last edited by jlslavey; 1 week ago.

          Comment


          • #6
            ok i finally found my owners manual for the yamaha 704 remote control box. I have looked at all the info and I still cannot seem to locate where the actual audible button is located. Does anyone know where or have a picture of it they can share? I've went to a couple of sites to order parts but no one show a " low oil or high temp sensor". I do know that the horn button is not hooked up and am wondering if this is used for the sensor ( although I don't think it is due to it being on a rocker switch.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jlslavey View Post
              ok i finally found my owners manual for the yamaha 704 remote control box. I have looked at all the info and I still cannot seem to locate where the actual audible button is located. Does anyone know where or have a picture of it they can share? I've went to a couple of sites to order parts but no one show a " low oil or high temp sensor". I do know that the horn button is not hooked up and am wondering if this is used for the sensor ( although I don't think it is due to it being on a rocker switch.
              By audible button are you talking about the warning horn? It is behind the key switch panel. Just like is shown in the illustration above. The illustration on the right.

              If not, what is a small horn button? For the boat horn?

              Comment


              • #8
                zhor.jpg
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

                  By audible button are you talking about the warning horn? It is behind the key switch panel. Just like is shown in the illustration above. The illustration on the right.

                  If not, what is a small horn button? For the boat horn?
                  Ok, I guess I did not realize you highlighted the actual button, sorry my mistake, the one I was referring to was an actual horn button behind the dash wired into a rocker switch. So I tried pulling off the kill switch and starting but no audible, and tried by passing the heat sensor still no audible. So no audible, now t find a replacement for it.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X