No announcement yet.

coil or fuel breaking down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no way to tell what is needed until you open it up and look to see what needs to be replaced and what can be reused

Comment

Have a 1999 70hp doing exactly same thing. When running approx 5000rpm goes into like limp mode and alarm sounding. Wait for few minutes and goes all good providing don’t go beyond 4500rpm or there abouts. Have yet to investigate yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tantalus View Post
        Have a 1999 70hp doing exactly same thing. When running approx 5000rpm goes into like limp mode and alarm sounding. Wait for few minutes and goes all good providing don’t go beyond 4500rpm or there abouts. Have yet to investigate yet.
        Mr Tantalus please start a NEW thread about your problem you described above, which by the way, is not the same thing at all. Jumping into an already started thread causes much confusion for all.

Thanks

Comment

Took the carbs off today and what a mess they were in, question here is there a setting on the float that needs to be made, mine has a metal tag that the needle valve hangs from?

Comment

Took the carbs off today and what a mess they were in, question here is there a setting on the float that needs to be made, mine has a metal tag that the needle valve hangs from. and is there a chart to show how to measure?

Comment

your Yamaha service manual will have that info

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                your Yamaha service manual will have that info
                I only have a owners manual and nothing in it

Comment

when working on a motor it is advised to have a service manual with all the specs and other info
                  I have one for my C40TLRX, but not for other motors, because I do not have them to work on

Comment

Working...
                  X