No announcement yet.

stalls/stops when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typically takes me about 3-4 hours to do that motor.
    typically your going to need 100 bucks or so worth of parts,unless you buy the kits. kits are close to 100 bucks eachx4.
    then I use a 750 dollar manometer to resync them.
    then the fuel pump diaphtram is about 50 bucks. takes about 15 min to rebuild it.

Comment

00' f100 tlry update

Had all 4 carbs cleaned, mechanic said didn't need new kits. Engine runs 100% better except for slight hesitation at one point. Hesitation/struggle happens at point right before planing but once you increase throttle a little the engine smooths out. Mechanic didn't use manometer, a little disappointed about that.
      My Tach gauge is broken so can't tell you RPM but I just bought new one to install today.
      Bought gauge from boats.net 6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY to replace existing. Its suppose to be newer model but came with no documentation.
      I have some questions about gauge, should I start new thread.
      THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS.
      Last edited by groveboy; 12-13-2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by groveboy View Post
        Had all 4 carbs cleaned, mechanic said didn't need new kits. Engine runs 100% better except for slight hesitation at one point. Hesitation/struggle happens at point right before planing but once you increase throttle a little the engine smooths out. Mechanic didn't use manometer, a little disappointed about that.
        My Tach gauge is broken so can't tell you RPM but I just bought new one to install today.
        Bought gauge from boats.net 6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY to replace existing. Its suppose to be newer model but came with no documentation.
        I have some questions about gauge, should I start new thread.
        THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS.
        Run a Heavy dose of Yamaha's Ringfree thru the engine. It may very well get rid of that hesitation. It works extremly well and unless the sync is off a bunch, will likely get rid of that hesitation. The more you run it, the better.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks TownsendsFJR1300, I will use Ringfree.

Comment

LATE UPDATE
            Had carbs cleaned, replaced water pump impeller. Also changed motor oil, dirty but no water. Runs 100% better.

After using motor only 5 times, there is now water in oil !!!

I've created new post in hopes y'all can lead the blind to locate how/where water gets into oil. THANKS
            Last edited by groveboy; 01-25-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X