1987 Yamaha 115 v4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would definitly cause issues..

Ethanol WILL eat up the older, non-marine fuel line...

I found what looked like spaghetti in my under cowl fuel filter years ago (just doing maintenance and saw this crap).
    Turned out to be the Mercury, marine fuel line, (between the transom mounted fuel filter and engine filter). The internal liner literally turned to mush and got caught in the engine filter.

I would also check ALL your "boat" fuel lines: tank to fuel filter(if installed), to engine etc.

I would still pull at least the bowl(s) to the carbs and inspect for any crap that made it in there. Lean out a cylinder and you may damage your engine. That crap will be very obvious so it's not like your chasing varnish in a small jet orifice (IE pretty easy to check..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The line from the tank to the fuel pump was already replaced by me. I’m going to change from the fuel pump to the carbs tomorrow that should take care of the issue. I don’t use ethanol fuel so hopefully this will be the last time this happens. I’m thinking the previous owner was running fuel with ethanol

Comment

Working...
      X