2001 ox66 tilt and trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sni keys.... silly puritans.
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Gator, no, there was nothing surprising or extra. There are no filters in the tilt ram assembly. In my cases, the tilt ram was slowly leaking down but perfectly operational so I 'assumed' that any hard parts should be OK (springs, balls, etc). If you do see something else out of whack when you open it up, shipping is only a few days, anyways.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

The filters, they can be cleaned and reused? The valve seat #29
        https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...ilt-assembly-1
        That valve seat was a hard part for $27.... should be OK?

I need to do a cost analysis before I extract that out of Mary's grocery budget...
        Last edited by FabricGATOR; 04-01-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
          The filters, they can be cleaned and reused? The valve seat #29
          https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...ilt-assembly-1
          That valve seat was a hard part for $27.... should be OK?

I need to do a cost analysis before I extract that out of Mary's grocery budget...
          Yam at its finest. 27 for that is insane. Betting it is fine.
          Take it apart before you order. And put down some type of clean cover on floor/table to catch the small parts.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Yam at its finest. 27 for that is insane. Betting it is fine.
            Take it apart before you order. And put down some type of clean cover on floor/table to catch the small parts.
            Gracias Senor Stephens. Mucho Gusto!

Comment

Gator, what filters are you referring to? There are none in the tilt ram assembly. I found one under the motor, but that doesn't have anything to do with what you are asking about (tilt assembly)? Or is there more you are asking about - maybe I'm not fully understanding your question?

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
                Gator, what filters are you referring to? There are none in the tilt ram assembly. I found one under the motor, but that doesn't have anything to do with what you are asking about (tilt assembly)? Or is there more you are asking about - maybe I'm not fully understanding your question?
                Just scanning down the pages of nomenclature I see three filters listed. #5 on dwg 1 and #'s 18 and 20 on dwg 2

Just asking if there were any surprise parts other than o-rings, wipers, and ram seals that I would like to have.?

Comment

No, no surprises. The only surprise would be if you found something broken.

Comment

Thanks for your guidance.
                    Cheers!

I am experiencing slow spongy trim and tilting, a long pumping up period from the top of the trim until the tilt builds enough 'foamy' pressure to slowly tilt all the way to the top. I can not seem to bleed it solid, so I am going to have to do surgery to find what is sucking air or what cavitation is making other than solid hydraulic fluid pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X