No announcement yet.

2004 200 OX66 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be clear on what you are saying is the TPS voltage at .5 at idle position or when the shutters are completely closed, and then opened some for proper idle?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      0.48 ~ 0.52 volts is the specification for the TPS output voltage with the throttle closed.

Not sure what the OP's comments are about with respect to the crank position sensor (CPS). He reports that his measurements exceed the minimum voltage values.

Disconnecting a sensor can set a code and cause the motor to run at a fast idle. Completely normal.
      I am not sure OP cleared up your statement/question about the CPS being out of spec.

Mr. Benwa from looking at your first post did your CPS measure more than spec? Or am I missing something here??

Comment

I need to apologizing for not doing this test before anything else... today I made sure my batteries had a full charge. After cleaning all battery posts and wire connectors I hooked up the MM + to the + connection from battery cable to the starter on top left of starter and the - lead to the ground lead from the battery to the starter on top left of starter. Got 12.44v. Turned engine over and voltage dropped to 7.99 while cranking.
        Next I moved the + lead to the postive post at the center facing positive lead on the starter, cranked engine and got 7.48v. This does not seem excessive to me, but Im no expert. Should I be looking at replacing the battery cables? They are 14yo and if they are loosing conductivity I can see where this may cause or add to the issues Im having. Reading the wiring diagram it appears to me this motor is reliant on a clean supply of current.

Comment

One more test, I tested the engine cooling water sensor. As per the manual it sound have no continuity until it reaches 184-194 degrees. I slowly brought my water to that temp with the sensor submerged. At 183 degrees it showed 3.278ohm and never went lower. Infact at 196f it actually started to gain a small amount of resistence to 3.76.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Benwa Balls; 12-16-2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: To add pics

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

I am not sure OP cleared up your statement/question about the CPS being out of spec.

Mr. Benwa from looking at your first post did your CPS measure more than spec? Or am I missing something here??

I didnt test properly as per this thread. By disconnecting the CPS it was noted that the engine adjusted timing. CPS is new and in spec as per manual.

Comment

after setting the TPS you have to set the shutter stop screw so the engine idles at about 730 rpm..
              that engine has 2 thermoswitchs and one thermosensor.
              at about 113*F the quick start feature drops out and the ign timing reverts to about 5*ATDC.
              as you have seen any sensor out of range can and will set base timing at 7* BTDC.
              however an inrange failure can make the ECU stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

From what I read into what Boscoe wrote, the manual gives a minimum voltage for CPS and his measurement did not drop below that spec so it is OK

I am thinking monitoring timing for what is happening with it when the problem happens might tell if some stuff that Rod is saying is happening.

I did find I misses post #13 I think when the op said he did remove a link, but I am not sure that meant the idle stop screw was backed off to where the shutters closed completely or like Rod posted did he then readjust the idle stop screw to bring the idle RPM up to spec
                Last edited by 99yam40; 12-16-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Im spending way to much time on this lol. Sorry for all the posts, Im hoping people who need this in future will have a good reference. (And hopefully a conclusion). As I was driving today it did not make sense to me that a thermistor wound not have some level of resistance at a hi temp. A Positive Temp Coefficient with no base would negate the purpose of having it... I checked my manual and realized I screwed up and measured the engine cooling water temperature sensor specs with the thermo switch specs! Retested all and have confirmed that all three 1-ECWTS 2-TS are within spec. The good news is I didnt drop a couple hundred on new sensors, the bad is Im back where I was. I am confident that I Have properly adjusted and identfied the fuel system issues and have eliminated the ecu, ignition and under flywheel components. I have ordered all new battery cables, connectors and switch due to the dramatic voltage drop
                  Where I have questions:
                  1- HP Fuel Pump Resistor reads at 6-7ohm (depending on when I test I get different readings but never below 6ohm and never over 7.5ohm) spec is 5.3-5.7ohm. Is 6-7ohm too far out of spec?
                  2- I cant find anything on testing the Atmospheric Pressure sensor, anyone have a spec?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    Just to be clear on what you are saying is the TPS voltage at .5 at idle position or when the shutters are completely closed, and then opened some for proper idle?
                    Yes. shutters closed, throttle shaft disconnected from #1 throttle cam. Due to the fact I cant get an idle out of the motor I havent adjusted to accommodate a small opening. I have tried everything from adjusting idle screw flat to compressed all the way. Right now it is set so after the idle screw makes contact with base, I turn the screw one full rotation. Again, the motor will not idle enough after starting to allow adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by Benwa Balls View Post
                      Where I have questions:
                      1- HP Fuel Pump Resistor reads at 6-7ohm (depending on when I test I get different readings but never below 6ohm and never over 7.5ohm) spec is 5.3-5.7ohm. Is 6-7ohm too far out of spec?

Comment

2- I cant find anything on testing the Atmospheric Pressure sensor, anyone have a spec?
                        What manual are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          What manual are you using?
                          Factory. I got the resistor part but dont have the resistor part. Thank you, will Test

Comment

Well, is there a miss print in a manual that moved a little dot to the wrong place in someones manual?

Comment

Factory. I got the resistor part but dont have the resistor part. Thank you, will Test
                              Ok I am very confused

Comment

Who's on first?

Comment

Working...
                                X