X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matvey-od View Post
    Thanks for reply!
    I know about plate - will check it.
    But engine is too old and I am not sure that it still exists.
    Yamaha has many models with BigFoot gear type.
    Yamaha USA has some models that come in two gear case sizes (T9.9, T25, T50, T60 for instance) but Yamaha USA does not refer to it as a BigFoot. Yamaha's term is High Thrust model. The gear case is generally a bit larger and the gear ratio is lower.

Thrust Motor, Outboard Engines | Yamaha Outboards

Perhaps you are not in the US. Perhaps Yamaha in other parts of the world offered a model with a BigFoot gear case on it. I can't even keep up with the US models let alone world wide models.

A 60CET is a two stroke model. Not sure if Yamaha USA ever offered a two stroke model here in the US with a high thrust gear case installed on it. If you can come up with the engine ID I can check further.

Last edited by boscoe99; 12-22-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Yamaha USA has some models that come in two gear case sizes (T9.9, T25, T50, T60 for instance) but Yamaha USA does not refer to it as a BigFoot. Yamaha's term is High Thrust model. The gear case is generally a bit larger and the gear ratio is lower.

Thrust Motor, Outboard Engines | Yamaha Outboards

Perhaps you are not in the US. Perhaps Yamaha in other parts of the world offered a model with a BigFoot gear case on it. I can't even keep up with the US models let alone world wide models.

A 60CET is a two stroke model. Not sure if Yamaha USA ever offered a two stroke model here in the US with a high thrust gear case installed on it. If you can come up with the engine ID I can check further.

Thanks!
      You are right - High Trust.
      Will check model tomorrow.

Comment

Hi there - sorry for jumping on the tread, I hope i'm tapping in to a world of knowledge - i am restoring an older boat with a yamaha outboard engine - type plate has disapered, but from the boat papers i know that it is a 60CES - engine number is 000598. Anyone have any info or manuals or? I would be in need of service parts etc, so any info on where to get that for this - slightly - aged engine - any info apreciated

Comment

Originally posted by trnissen View Post
          Hi there - sorry for jumping on the tread, I hope i'm tapping in to a world of knowledge - i am restoring an older boat with a yamaha outboard engine - type plate has disapered, but from the boat papers i know that it is a 60CES - engine number is 000598. Anyone have any info or manuals or? I would be in need of service parts etc, so any info on where to get that for this - slightly - aged engine - any info apreciated
          Then why do it?

Why not just start your very own new thread? We will be happy to help.

Comment

Working...
          X