Older Yamahas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Yamahas

I have recently purchased another boat which has been fitted with what appears to be an oldish Yamaha. It has a Serial number reading 60CET 6FO but I cannot find any info on it to date. Anyone care to give me a year on it at least?
    Cheers

find the stamped in year-letter in an corner of the type-plate and then look on this site!

http://www.marinshopen.se/

greetings:
    jan

Comment

Look at this site www.anymec.com

Comment

There are no other marks on stamped plate other than those given. And I guess an English site might help me more. Thanks so far.

Cheers, Santa

Comment

60CET:
          short shaft serial.nr. from 100101=1982/83
          longshaft ser.nr from 400101 till 400386=1982
          longshaft from ser.nr 400386 =1983....

Comment

Thanks Jan mate, that hits all the right numbers. Seems that mine is a 1984-1986 which is all good.

Cheers, Santa.

Comment

@Santa,
              Yamaha stop product theses models after ~1982, is not possible to be 1984 or 1986 model!

My Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) have not any model before 1985.

Outboards before 1982 or 1981 are
              40F/D/A, 25CMK, 15A&C, 8A/B, 6B, 5B/BS, 3,5A 2A (models for museum and collectors).

Also Yamaha P65 (3,5Hp), P95 (5Hp), P125 (8Hp) all single cylinder, air cooled except P200 (12Hp) water cooled, twin cylinder, two carburetors (all, before 1975, for museum and collectors too).

Comment

colossus:
                the older engines before 1981 are old..
                (myself have an 40B from 1978)
                but also very relible! couse of the simple technic they have...
                but when regulairy served ...they are almost
                industrucktable...
                advanced technic is nice ..but prouwn to jammer
                regarding the many autolube and CDI problems wich are often seen these day's when checking the 2'hand market-pages on the net!
                so OLD... yes! But MUSEUM ?? not likely.....

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                  I have recently purchased another boat which has been fitted with what appears to be an oldish Yamaha. It has a Serial number reading 60CET 6FO but I cannot find any info on it to date. Anyone care to give me a year on it at least?
                  Cheers
                  I'm getting a code 6F0; 1981-1983;model 60CE; the "T" could be for: High Thrust Model or maybe: Electro=hydraulic trim & tilt.
                  Enjoy, Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ressiv View Post
                    colossus:
                    the older engines before 1981 are old..
                    (myself have an 40B from 1978)
                    but also very relible! couse of the simple technic they have...
                    but when regulairy served ...they are almost
                    industrucktable...
                    advanced technic is nice ..but prouwn to jammer
                    regarding the many autolube and CDI problems wich are often seen these day's when checking the 2'hand market-pages on the net!
                    so OLD... yes! But MUSEUM ?? not likely.....
                    I'm running the same motor. I just got it going good last season. I went through the whole thing. The biggest problem was a blown base gasket. It's real strong now. I'm looking foward to a good season this year!

Comment

service/repair manuals

I have the same outborder (60CE) but no documention at all.

Where can I get service/repair manuals ?
                      All I found on the internet starts at 1984 but this motor
                      probably was built from 1981-83.

Thanks

Ralf

Comment

oil injection conversion

Im new so please help with protocol. I bought a 1999 30elrx outboard that has a cracked cylinder. I have been advised to convert it to a premix. Heres the delemna. The new cylinder assembly for the oil injected model costs around $1200 and the non oil injected cylinder is about $600. Question is if I buy the non injected one will it fit on to the lower unit? and will thre old pistons fit in the new assembly. The injected model has the gear to run the pump on the lower end, so will the non injected assembly be the same size and bolt pattern?

Comment

Hello! Is anybody alive here?
                          Can somebody help me with part number for propeller shaft for 60CET BigFoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Matvey-od View Post
                            Hello! Is anybody alive here?
                            Can somebody help me with part number for propeller shaft for 60CET BigFoot?
                            Best if you start your own new post. This one started about nine years ago and was last replied to about 4 years ago.

Are you sure that Yamaha offered a "BigFoot" model? This is a Mercury Marine term.

The complete engine identity is needed. If a Yamaha model it will begin with the number 6. The data plate will generally be on the left hand side of the clamp bracket. It will look like this:
                            Last edited by boscoe99; 12-22-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for reply!
                              I know about plate - will check it.
                              But engine is too old and I am not sure that it still exists.
                              Yamaha has many models with BigFoot gear type.

Comment

Working...
                              X