No announcement yet.

2007 Yamaha 115 TLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did it fill in the time Rodbolt said?( 180 seconds)
    if not the filter needs to be replaced or look for a pinched line
    Last edited by 99yam40; 09-23-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I did not time it. That's my fault but it did seem like it took longer than 3 minutes to fill. I will go ahead and order a new oil tank filter. What's the best way to go about cleaning the tank?

Comment

I like to use mineral spirits as a cleaner. Just make sure that it is all out of the tank and the inside of the tank is dry before refilling it with oil.

The electric motor should have timed out in 3 minutes (180 seconds) if the tank did not refill within that time span. If the tank refills in less than 3 minutes (which it should) then all is well and good.

While you are fiddling around with the motor check the oil control rod. If it breaks the pump will default to maximum oil. In which case more oil will be used at WOT than otherwise would be the case.

And since you seem to be handy, check the voltage to the remote tank oil pump, at the pump, while the pump is running. It should be battery voltage. Low voltage will cause the pump to turn slower and pump less oil.

Comment

Working...
        X