No announcement yet.

Yamaha VZ150TLRY starts and instantly dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hooked up YDS hit lake took it to failure. Both pumps losing pressure gonna check fuel system through vst. Seems to be draining vst. Both lp pumps are relatively new one a couple weeks ago other last season. Oh well. Thanks for all the responses.
    89 Ranger 361V, 2000 Yamaha VMAX 150 HPDI

Comment

my thoughts
      sucking air or a restriction if you cannot keep enough fuel in the vst

Comment

Thanks. Pulled LP's(x2) one had fuel leaking ever so slightly on both sides. Through the mounting bolts and the pulse hole. Class 1 leak in army terms.

Comment

Turned out the mystery filters were clogged. Changed them out and running like a champ.

Comment

I thought you had replaced the filters already.

If you have had that much plugging going on I would have the injectors flow tested and cleaned just to make sure one or more cylinders do not end up too lean and toast pistons
            Last edited by 99yam40; 05-12-2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I changed all the external filters this year and the basket filters in the injectors. I did the HP pump hidden filters last year. They weren't clogged last year. My first thought was my god this is why then where is this coming from? Only one I the pump was clogged the one closest to the fuel inlet line.

Comment

Working...
              X