225TXRP: What is this red switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    does not sound like it is Yamaha factory service manual as they do not cover all of the different motors with one manual.

They can be confusing trying to keep up with what motor they are talking about in procedures
    This is what he is referring to. One book covering 115 through 225 models. Makes little sense. But then that it Yamaha.

Last edited by boscoe99; 04-13-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

It's very much NOT a procedure manual for fixing/removing systems. I would agree that it's not a great manual.

Does anyone have an opinion on the SELOC manuals I'm seeing online?

Specifically this one: Seloc Marine - Product Details [Book #1701]

They don't share any inside pages but the table of contents seems well organized and complete (for many models!).

Comment

I would go with the Seloc for whatever theory of operation and descriptive text that it provides. If there is anything at all in there about that, it is more than Yamaha offers. Between the two of the books, and the advice that you can get over the "intertube", you might get all that you need.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          This is what he is referring to. One book covering 115 through 225 models. Makes little sense. But then that it Yamaha.

I thought he was saying all hp for that year
          from very small to the very large ones

Comment

because back in the day the Japanese tended not to be excessive.
            you also could not get carb kits.
            you got whatever carb parts you needed.
            Volvo and Suzuki were about as bad back in the day and tohatsu was worse.

that one manual covered about all the v4 and 2.6L v6 motors avalible in the US at that time.
            why print separate V manuals?
            the only other V motor was the 3.1v76 and was a totally different design than the v4 and 2.6l.

Comment

Working...
            X