No announcement yet.

1998 115 2 Stroke won’t feed oil HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I resent that coment boscoe, I have taken that test 5 times. I am in an area that may only will see pbs three times a year. The last test PC gave me i missed it by one
    question and it was pbs.

Comment

OK maybe it is because I drank a few beers already, but I am having a hard time figuring out what PC and PBS stands for, can some one remind me?

Comment

PBS is the auto oil system and PC was the teacher of the class. Bosco knows who he is. His first name is Park.

Comment

thanks but what do the letters PBS stand for?
          I just cannot come up with what the PBS is maybe P is for pressure, and maybe S is for system
          Last edited by 99yam40; 06-08-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

prem blend sytem

Comment

well I got one right.
              thanks

Comment

Parks Chastain was an instructor. Manager now.

PBS = Precision Blend System.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                  I resent that coment boscoe, I have taken that test 5 times. I am in an area that may only will see pbs three times a year. The last test PC gave me i missed it by one
                  question and it was pbs.
                  Why the resentment for what I said. It is reported to me to be the truth.

You are not alone if PBS has caused you problems. It has whipped many a mans arse. I stripped a V6 motor of the entire PBS system and made a simulator out of it. It was a wonderful training aid.

Comment

You was one of my teachers

Comment

Ok Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

question and it was pbs.
                        few things...

Curious. You only see PBS issues a couple times a year? Is that because it is a reliable system that rarely fails?

Roscoe is a born instructor.....pretty clear being here just a short time. He loves it.

This Chastain name....seems to be very common around Atlanta. Chastain this, Chastain that....

Comment

I consider myself a layman on this system, but, with some thought, and trouble shooting experience, I have never failed to fix one in pretty short time, the problems arise when you jump all over the place, short out "stuff" and fail to take advice offered.

Comment

to give one an idea of age, my second trip through Drive train systems parks was my instructor. it was his first class. he had been laid off from the OMC plant at cahoon GA..
                            PBS is dirt simple yet it does whoop butts.
                            it should not yet it does.
                            there is still a fluid stain in the class room ceiling from that class. a fool used air pressure to remove a memory piston from a tilt cyl..
                            I saw what was happening just in time to grab my lab partner and hit the floor. that piston bounced all over the place.

Comment

Ok so here’s the skinny, thanks all for your insightful responses and not so helpful responses, all are welcome !

I ohmed out the PBS control module and it did not ohm out. Only one circuit (with switch) ohmed out but it was out of spec.

Now we have diagnosed the PBS system is not functioning.

The switches (floats) both work and ohm out. Diagnosed working

There is power and ground going to the remote tank pump.
                              diagnosed power to pump.

Diagnosis outcome : We know why it’s not functioning PBS control Module has failed.

HOWEVER The line is also pinched or plugged and not carrying any oil to the main on engine tank.

I will I’ll need to replace Control Module which I don’t have the $ for at the moment.

I will I’ll also need to pull a new oil line.

I am am going to run it with the main tank only and refill/check often. I am fully aware of the risks that come along with this.

i am also very close to completely disabling the PBS system and premixing from now on.

Thanks for for all the help to everyone who responded.

Comment

You was one of my teachers
                                I was not an instructor. You may be confusing the training departments trainer for the one that I created.

Comment

Working...
                                X