1997 V225 2 stroke oil transfer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 V225 2 stroke oil transfer problem

I have read many of the posts for this problem and mine seems different.
    The oil will not transfer, either auto or with the manual switch.
    I checked for voltage and ground at the engine connector in the pan near the shift/throttle linkage.

Key switch on:

Brown : no power
    blue : no ground.

If I apply ground to blue wire and power to brown wire (at either side of the connector also) the pump works perfectly.
    If so, is it a problem with the ECU. (Hope not) That is the only place that I can find the wires connecting to.

If the brown wire is not getting power (12 volt positive) with the key in the ON position that is a problem. But, it is not an ECU/CDI problem. The ECU/CDI does not apply positive power. The ECU/CDI only applies the ground.

You are going to have to trace the brown wire at the pump, back up the oil harness, and then on into the main harness on the motor to find that problem.

The blue wire is only grounded when (a) the ECU/CDI grounds it or (b) it is grounded when the manual transfer toggle switch is used. That it, it is normally not grounded, which is what I believe you are seeing.

Here is a wiring diagram (for another model motor) that will provide a general indication as to how the system works.

Comment

Is the power coming from the engine or from the keyswitch to the brown wire.
      Any where?

Comment

Could I tap the yellow keyswitch power to the brown and try to bypass the open wire?
        The wiring from the connector at the engine pan to the pumps is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by straycatboat View Post
          Is the power coming from the engine or from the keyswitch to the brown wire.
          Any where?
          Look at the diagram.

Comment

My application does not have a yellow wire connecting to the brown thru the connector.
            There are 4 wires in the connector... brown, blue, and two wires from the low level sensor at the remote tank.

Comment

Could I tap the yellow keyswitch power to the brown and try to bypass the open wire?
              The wiring from the connector at the engine pan to the pumps is OK.
              Why not find and fix the problem?

Comment

What is the complete model of your motor? There was no V225TLRV for 1997?

Comment

Actually a friends boat, but will find out shortly.
                  All I know is its a 225 v76 per hood fuel injected 2 stroke

Comment

My application does not have a yellow wire connecting to the brown thru the connector.
                    There are 4 wires in the connector... brown, blue, and two wires from the low level sensor at the remote tank.
                    Look at the connector coming from the main engine harness. The one that the harness running to the oil tank pump connects to. What are the wire colors?

Comment

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...4805007214cf8c

I don't know if this will work but heres some pic of the cover, He can't seem to find the s# or model # plate.

Comment

this might work

https://plus.google.com/photos/10064...ICu7KnXvPftkAE

Comment

Found out the problem.
                          When we worked on the motor we disconnected all the wires to the console and when we reconnected them we swapped two of the wrong wires.
                          Surprised it even ran.
                          Now we have a =12v yellow wire going to the oil pump.
                          you think Yamaha would have different sized connectors so idiots like us couldn't get it wrong.
                          Thanks Boscoee 99 for the correct wiring diagram!!!!

Comment

When Yamaha makes a more "idiot proof" motor a better class of idiot comes along.

Glad you found the problem.

The smaller four pin connectors don't have much to do with the motor running. They are for trim indication, caution and warning lights, and information to and from the remote oil tank.

Comment

Working...
                            X