No announcement yet.

2001 150hp saltwater series engine management gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks boscoe, to be honest the best solution would be the newer multifunction due to no extra holes in my dash,if i decided to go this way is it a simple job? Don't want to remove wires etc,hopefully just simple connectors i am hoping or a simpler option may be the stand alone digital version,thanks for the feedback,cheers

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      You cannot do any sort of inputs via the buttons to adjust the hours.

What you can do is to open up a wall wart. One of those 110 AC volt to 12 DC volt converters. Just pry the case open and half of it will pop off.

Power the tachometer with the 12 volt DC rectified output side.

Connect the tachometer signal lead (green wire) to the 12 volt AC non-rectified side.

The AC will fool the tachometer into thinking it is connected to a motor that is running.

Leave it connected for 477/486 hours and then disconnect it. One tachometer will read 477 hours and then the other will read 486 hours. Don't over do it or you will be screwed.
      I had to google Wall Wart just to make sure I knew what I thought you were suggesting. Never heard it called that.

So pop open the cube, power the tach with the 12VDC existing wire from the cube (tach red (+) / tach black (-), then get the unregulated 12VAC from the transformer (before the rectifier board) and connect to tach green to simulate engine running. Leave connected like this for almost 20 days.

Great info Boscoe, Thank you. How'd I do with the wall wart wiring?
      If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Hi guys,

ended up purchasing the digital standalone yamaha hour meter due to the supplied tachometer being in great condition. still matching like the other gauges which is good.Also noticed the trim gauge is not working,just flashes in the upper trim range,anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

will also be trying to manipulate the meter up to original hours too

Comment

Originally posted by adamibinfishin View Post
            Hi guys,

ended up purchasing the digital standalone yamaha hour meter due to the supplied tachometer being in great condition. still matching like the other gauges which is good.Also noticed the trim gauge is not working,just flashes in the upper trim range,anyone know how to fix this?
            Basic troubleshooting steps include ringing out your wiring to ensure that continuity on all wires. The factory service manual also gives specific steps to inspect your trim sensor. Basically testing the wiring with a digital multimeter for resistance specifications throughout range in motion.
            If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

thanks FabricGATOR,

been told this is a common problem, also possibly the sensor needs to be freed up,fairly common to be gunked up apparently,thanks

Comment

Working...
              X