Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 150hp saltwater series engine management gauges

Hi guys,

Want to fit a yamaha flow meter engine management system to my 2001 carby saltwater series and have noticed there are a couple different types. Noticed there is a round gauge and also a square type of gauge, can anyone give me any advice on which one suits my application,cheers
    Regards Adam

Also interested in networking thru a raymarine A series plotter if possible too,thanks

Comment

no way to interface anything on that model.
      you need to look at 6y5 products.
      no 6y8 or 6y9 stuff will fit.
      you can use the digital FMM package and a 6y5 round tach package.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt for the feedback mate,cheers

Comment

GPS Speed

I just replaced my gauges on my 2000 SWS'sII 150's

The new FMM comes with the wire harness to connect to either the Yamaha speedometer or to a GPS for the economy feature. It can calculate miles/km per hour based on the speed signal it receives. The FMM also has a sync feature that tells you how to adjust the throttles to get my twins running the same based on the RPM (it must get tach signal from the harness because it is not syncing based on fuel flow) I have fuel flow imbalance when both running same RPM.
          If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Hi FabricGATOR,

do you have a part number for these newer gauges, curious if I could setup something similar with my Raymarine unit,thanks

Comment

I will clarify my response.
              with your motors and the Yamaha FMM package.
              the ONLY data that can be exchanged between your GPS and the entire gauge package will be a one way transfer of speed information to the FMM .
              NO engine data will be transferred to ANY GPS.
              the engine ECU's are simply not designed to transmit data.

Comment

This is the only Yamaha FMM that will work with your motor.

2013-MRP-Catalog

It does not have an NMEA 2000 Output.

Lowrance and Garmin both make sensors that can be added to a fuel system so that fuel data can be displayed on a MFD.

Comment

Originally posted by adamibinfishin View Post
                  hi fabricgator,

do you have a part number for these newer gauges, curious if i could setup something similar with my raymarine unit,thanks

6y5-8350f-01-00 fuel management meter

Comment

Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
                    I just replaced my gauges on my 2000 SWS'sII 150's

The new FMM comes with the wire harness to connect to either the Yamaha speedometer or to a GPS for the economy feature. It can calculate miles/km per hour based on the speed signal it receives. The FMM also has a sync feature that tells you how to adjust the throttles to get my twins running the same based on the RPM (it must get tach signal from the harness because it is not syncing based on fuel flow) I have fuel flow imbalance when both running same RPM.
                    Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
                    I have fuel flow imbalance when both running same RPM.
                    I'm going to have to investigate this...

Comment

I have read L motors burn more fuel on twin set ups but have no idea why

Comment

Hi guys, also noticed I didn't receive original hour meter.I have been told these were seperate on this model and were not teamed up with the tacho like my 2004 engine. Anyone have any ideas on the best solution to this? Thanks

Comment

Early digital display multifunction Yamaha tachometers did not have an hour meter function. Later versions did and do.

Analog tachometers never had an hour meter. They use a standalone hour meter.

You can get a later version of the multifunction tachometer with the hour meter or you can buy a standalone hour meter. Or you can go without an hour meter. Your call.

They are all shown in here.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

Hour Meter

Does anyone know, can I adjust the integral digital hour meter on my new tach's so I can add the 477 hrs/486 hrs to 0 hours displayed?

I've played around with it but have not had any luck getting into program mode.
                            Maybe hold set while turning on the ignition power... I'd imagine there is a way.

Comment

You cannot do any sort of inputs via the buttons to adjust the hours.

What you can do is to open up a wall wart. One of those 110 AC volt to 12 DC volt converters. Just pry the case open and half of it will pop off.

Power the tachometer with the 12 volt DC rectified output side.

Connect the tachometer signal lead (green wire) to the 12 volt AC non-rectified side.

The AC will fool the tachometer into thinking it is connected to a motor that is running.

Leave it connected for 477/486 hours and then disconnect it. One tachometer will read 477 hours and then the other will read 486 hours. Don't over do it or you will be screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X