Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bojangles View Post
    Ok, I will ask him. Thank you.
    What would make you think a dealer is an expert?

Comment

The guy working on my boat is not a dealer. He owns a mechanic shop. I called another Yamaha dealer to try to find the part.

Comment

I spoke with the mechanic this morning and he tells me his parts catalog does not show an item #7. I assume he is going direct to yamaha.

Comment

I spoke with the mechanic this morning and he tells me his parts catalog does not show an item #7. I assume he is going direct to yamaha.
          oh for sh*ts sake.

You (or he) can buy it right on this site,

from the Yamaha retailer who pays for us to have this forum,

Boscoe posted that link, here it is again:

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/64E-43811-01-00

You (or he) can type the part # into Google and get 4,820 hits

now, I do see an indication that it may have a newer part number: 64E-43811-02-00

here is a retailer showing the superceding part#

https://www.partspak.com/productcart...iABEgIUDvD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

oh for sh*ts sake.

now, I do see an indication that it may have a newer part number: 64E-43811-02-00

And you'll get the part CONSIDERABLY CHEAPER (even with shipping) than he will. Usually within a couple of days, at least to SW Florida..
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

oh for sh*ts sake.

Yep, the -01-00 has been replaced by the -02-00. Order the -01-00 or the -02-00 and the -02-00 will be supplied.

Comment

Either the dealer, the mechanic or the Yamaha man that was spoken to does not understand how to read a Yamaha outboard motor parts book. Training is needed. Yamaha USA has three US based warehouses. One in Georgia, one in Wisconsin and one in California. All three inventories have the 64E-43811-02-00 in stock.
                Here is information from the Yamaha USA parts catalog at their website. www.yamahaoutboards.com

Comment

Ok, I am with you guys on this. Quick question, what does the 0407 number represent in the fourth drop down menu? Is that years 2004-2007?

He told me this morning that he entered my serial number in for my motor and it was not available. I am calling BS. I told him to cancel the sub assembly order.

Comment

I just called yamaha and based on my serial number the motor is a 2007 but at some point in 2007 they changed the tilt assembly. I had the earlier assembly which would fall under 0406 which does not allow for buying the screw separately. So, sub assembly it is. Thank you for all your help.

Comment

0407 stands for April of 2007. The beginning date for a given production lot. Yamaha had production lots that ran from April of a given year through March of the next year.

You can go to the Yamaha parts catalog and plug in your specific serial number in the applicable search box. It will take you directly to the parts book for your specific motor. By serial number. Once you get there go to the power tilt and trim section. See for yourself. Show your mechanic. Educate him.

In the first box type the engine prefix. 68M in your case I believe. Then the letter L for the shaft length. In the second box type the engine serial numbers.

Comment

I just called yamaha and based on my serial number the motor is a 2007 but at some point in 2007 they changed the tilt assembly. I had the earlier assembly which would fall under 0406 which does not allow for buying the screw separately. So, sub assembly it is. Thank you for all your help.
                        Yes, you definitely need the complete sub-assembly. Buy two. Have one as a spare part for when you need it next time.

Comment

The only thing that changed is the parts catalog. Yamaha corrected a parts catalog mistake and started adding the end cap in the April 2007 and later parts book.

Yamaha does not go backwards and fix earlier mistakes or omissions.

Comment

None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

Comment

I am confused. You said this:

Yes, you definitely need the complete sub-assembly. Buy two. Have one as a spare part for when you need it next time.

Then you said this:

The only thing that changed is the parts catalog. Yamaha corrected a parts catalog mistake and started adding the end cap in the April 2007 and later parts book.

Yamaha does not go backwards and fix earlier mistakes or omissions.

Are you saying the parts are the same or that I need a complete sub assembly?

Comment

You came hear concerned because you could not buy the trim cylinder end cap. I gave you the part number for the trim cylinder end cap. This is the last that I have anything to say about this matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X