For you gun owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
    I asked him before about that...he remained tight lipped.
    Panasonic:
    While we wait on Zeno to have his morning coffee/tea.....when will the boating season begin up there? We seem to be stuck on balmy weather during week and NE cold winds on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

I remember. I hope he will respond. Apparently I am now in the horse world myself. Dammit.
      No not tight lipped, just as you said. I was involved with transporting horses usually individually for the lower end of town. Meaning the horses often had issues and the clientele weren't always generous with words or money for their praise of my ability. What do you what to know? I developed my own style of natural horsemanship.

I still own a thoroughbred and my wife and daughter own horses and compete. They also own and are developing an agistment property that has two riding/training arenas. Don't know how to post pictures but www.wilkirapark.com.au is it (not very upto date).

Comment

My boating season is all year round, although cold in winter. Went out yesterday, a glorious day and smooth water. Got a few flatheads. Enthusiastic dog fell overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

No not tight lipped, just as you said. I was involved with transporting horses usually individually for the lower end of town. Meaning the horses often had issues and the clientele weren't always generous with words or money for their praise of my ability. What do you what to know? I developed my own style of natural horsemanship.

I still own a thoroughbred and my wife and daughter own horses and compete. They also own and are developing an agistment property that has two riding/training arenas. Don't know how to post pictures but www.wilkirapark.com.au is it (not very upto date).
          Looks like I have to buy a horse. 13 year old daughter been riding since 6. Can’t decide if I should buy a Thoroughbred or Quarterhorse. I don’t want to do this again in a year. We thought boats were time intensive.....

And money pits.
          Last edited by pstephens46; 04-19-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

From guns to horses ?????? Must be a slow evening?
            Dennis
            Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
              From guns to horses ?????? Must be a slow evening?
              Not so far apart. Think John Wayne...

Comment

Roscoe knows how to get something started and then disappear doesn't he.
                Dennis

Comment

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeq1TStgtR2UCvIcNPE74syxEuRnXJyWkRG9Vy-6SbCitizG92.jpg Bang.

Comment

I was hoping for this one!!!!
                    Dennis

Comment

There is that. Lots of women, not just girls, at these horse events. Usually wearing snug fitting garments. Conversation still tends to be yenta based. Can’t escape it...I usually bring Advil.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Looks like I have to buy a horse. 13 year old daughter been riding since 6. Can’t decide if I should buy a Thoroughbred or Quarterhorse. I don’t want to do this again in a year. We thought boats were time intensive.....
                        Be careful to match the horse with your daughter's riding ability and what she wants the horse to do. Many many people buy the wrong horse, what you don't want is a horse that will scare her off them, you need a horse that is willing but not dangerous. I like quarterhorses, thoroughbreds are regarded as hotter.

Resign yourself to the fact that several purchases will need to be made over a lifetime, not necessarily because they are realised as unsuitable, but because their useful life is far shorter than ours, and often succumb to injury and sickness and cannot be ridden for extended periods of time (put out to pasture).

I can go on and on, here it is an expensive hobby. Get thorough advice spend some time, there are many things to look for, don't just buy any horse because they are beautiful and nice and calm. They all tend to be, but you need to see them at work and see how they respond under some stress. Stress can be all sorts of things like riding away from other horses, being out in the open, responding to cars,dogs, noise or plastic bag blowing past etc. And remember an unsound horse, one that has had a history of injuries may cost you a fortune in veterinary bills and end up as a very expensive "paddock ornament"!

Comment

I'm sure there probably is another one coming?????? Do most of them look this good? Maybe I need to give up boats and take up horses.
                          Dennis

Comment

Happy to be of service.

Magpul-2016-Calendar-Teaser-Girls-Guns05.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                              I knew if I wished for it it would show up! Damn nice gun.
                              Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Be careful to match the horse with your daughter's riding ability and what she wants the horse to do. Many many people buy the wrong horse, what you don't want is a horse that will scare her off them, you need a horse that is willing but not dangerous. I like quarterhorses, thoroughbreds are regarded as hotter.

Resign yourself to the fact that several purchases will need to be made over a lifetime, not necessarily because they are realised as unsuitable, but because their useful life is far shorter than ours, and often succumb to injury and sickness and cannot be ridden for extended periods of time (put out to pasture).

I can go on and on, here it is an expensive hobby. Get thorough advice spend some time, there are many things to look for, don't just buy any horse because they are beautiful and nice and calm. They all tend to be, but you need to see them at work and see how they respond under some stress. Stress can be all sorts of things like riding away from other horses, being out in the open, responding to cars,dogs, noise or plastic bag blowing past etc. And remember an unsound horse, one that has had a history of injuries may cost you a fortune in veterinary bills and end up as a very expensive "paddock ornament"!
                                History of injuries is an interesting concept. Not sure how that would work. Will be part of the conversation for sure. Thanks.

So stay away from stallions???

Comment

Working...
                                X