Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 yamaha 115 hp false rpm causing rpm reducer to kick in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    But did it solve your problem with the alarm coming in?
    That is the main thing

Took me a while to figure out that the last pic was the bottom of the bucket after emptying out the solution,
    but I did finally
    I agree that will be the main thing, unfortunately i wont have the chance to put it in the water for a couple weeks. other priorities, however i do give Rydelyme two thumbs up. It does what they say it does.

Comment

Holy cow, I have been away for a couple of weeks and this ghost hunt is still going on.

Comment

nothing like
        Attached Files

Comment

I use the stuff all the time, Its great stuff!

We use it offshore to clear fouled heat exchangers.
          Just got 5 gallons for 120.00 delivered.
          If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but Chewbawka...Did the chemical treatment fix your problem. I have a 1998 V4 115 SWS and after reading all your thread I think I may have the same problem with scale build up in the head. Previous owner kept boat on a Jet Dock. The redylyme sounds like a good product and could help you save the expensive job of a head removal/cleaning.

LMK I am eager to see your results. Thanks

Mike

Comment

I don't think Chewbaka lives here any more.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                I don't think Chewbaka lives here any more.
                I Most certainly do live here still. That rydlyme stuff Worked like a charm. I cleaned out a bunch of stuff out of the heads. I also fixed my overheat buzzer. Tightened on my electrical connections. And replaced the poppit valve with the newer rounded design the dealer sells now.
                With that said I don't know which one or a combination of all repairs that fixed my problem. I have not had a problem again since. Could be confidence who knows.
                Last edited by CHEWBAKA1973; 08-02-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacraft12 View Post
                  If guess you have two problems. One being a faulty tach and the other being fuel. If your engine operates at anything above 2k while not running right then the limp mode is not an option. If you run at 4k than the engine bogs down and only operates to 2k than I would suspect high temp. But an engine in limp mode will not run past 2k. We're you running at 4k, than the engine bogged down and only operated normally at 2k or below? Or we're you running at 4k than the engine bogged down but operated normally at 2100 or above? My guess is carbs are dirty. Mine was acting similar. Carb cleaning did the trick
                  By carb cleaning do you mean you broke down the carbs and cleaned or just used a cleaner sprayed in the throttle bodies

Comment

Working...
                  X