F350 with 4 batteries and the Link-Plus LCD display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True

[QUOTE=99yam40;86694]I am fairly sure he was saying the original problem was dead batteries, but they have rewired everything now and the batteries are charging as they should but meter is still reading

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      I asked you to provide the precise models of your motors but you never replied.

If the motors are not XCA or UCA (USA designations) then the sub battery icons will not function.
      Sorry man, I missed your post. I will cmd back to you on this, today. I really don't know;

I was told that are ONE type only all over the markets , no specific engines / specs for this market when I asked;

Comment

Engine Models ….

Model - f350aetx & fl350aetx
        year -2013

Comment

Hi,

Today Yamaha people called me, to bring the boat again and again…. why ? Because they just installed new 300 on another boat, with the LCD, and its working perfectly;

They checked mine, same issue The Voltage for the house Battery is still showing Zero!

So, another point is cleared, the LCD can show the voltage , but, not on mine !

Comment

Engine models

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            I asked you to provide the precise models of your motors but you never replied.

If the motors are not XCA or UCA (USA designations) then the sub battery icons will not function.
            Model - f350aetx & fl350aetx
            year -2013

They installed today another engine, 300hp Yamaha on another boat, and the sub is working perfectly ...
            Mine, still same issue

Comment

being your motors are not XCA or UCA USA designation have the Yamaha guys you are dealing with check with Yamaha to see if your motors will support this function or not.

Comment

the F300 was made in both a V6 and V8 versions.

the V8 was made in at least 3 versions,2 for the US market and at least 1 for the non-us market.
                all 350 F motors are 5.3L V8.
                the F300 can be a 5.3L V8 OR a 4.2L V6.
                the ECU used are very different.,

the AETX tells me its a NON US market engine and I cannot say what it does,will do or even what color paint was used.
                the US market folks get NO information on non US market stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  the F300 was made in both a V6 and V8 versions.

the V8 was made in at least 3 versions,2 for the US market and at least 1 for the non-us market.
                  all 350 F motors are 5.3L V8.
                  the F300 can be a 5.3L V8 OR a 4.2L V6.
                  the ECU used are very different.,

the AETX tells me its a NON US market engine and I cannot say what it does,will do or even what color paint was used.
                  the US market folks get NO information on non US market stuff.
                  The 300 here are all 4.2.V6
                  The 350 here are all 5.3 V8

Colors of all 4 stroks engines here are the classic dark gray ;
                  Attached Files

Comment

he was just saying that here in the USA there is no info on those, so you will need to have someone outside of the USA find out if those motors support that sub battery voltage read out function

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      he was just saying that here in the USA there is no info on those, so you will need to have someone outside of the USA find out if those motors support that sub battery voltage read out function
                      Him

Please look at the email from official and exclusive Yamaha dealer over here in the Emirates ...
                      I think this is not the case.... what do you guys think ?

Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
                      To: rasem <rasem@italianprojects.com>
                      Cc: Mohammed Elatar <melatar@alyousuf.com>
                      Subject: RE: Assistance - Propeller on 25 inch shaft

Dear Boss,

Please find below the extract from the mail from Yamaha.

I would like to reply you about “Sub Battery Voltage not showing in the 6Y9 Gauge”.
                      Thank you very much for your waiting about this matter.
                      I regret say to that, F350A model was not showing the sub battery voltage on the display.
                      This sub battery voltage display model is F225F, F250D and F300B only.

For your reference;
                      6Y9 Gauge itself, have a function for the SUB BATTERY VOLTAGE display.
                      But Gauge just showing from the signal of OBM ECU digital signal.
                      If OBM is not supported for the sub battery voltage, unfortunately they cannot showing.

As regards to the propeller, we can check with the 17” and try it with WOT for 5600 RPM as is recommended without using the brackets.

Best Regards

Simon Olivio Rodrigues
                      Service Manager
                      Abu Dhabi
                      Div: AYM

Comment

Originally posted by rasemuae View Post
                        Him

Please look at the email from official and exclusive Yamaha dealer over here in the Emirates ...
                        I think this is not the case.... what do you guys think ?
                        I think that your dealer/distributor contacted Yamaha Japan. I don't think Yamaha Japan looked into the situation fully. Which is par for the course.

I think your dealer/distributor does not have full knowledge of the F350 and he is relying on Yamaha Japan. And that Yamaha Japan is letting him down.

I further think that Yamaha data sucks.

That is what I think and do not think.

What others here have said, and are trying to say, is that here in the US there is very limited data that is applicable to your specific models. The motors may physically be one and the same as US motors but they are identified differently. We have no documents here that we can go to that address your motors by their model identities.

But one final comment. Whether your gauge can display house battery voltage or not is completely irrelevant to the problem that you are having whereby batteries are going dead. That is a separate issue.
                        Last edited by boscoe99; 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X