F350 with 4 batteries and the Link-Plus LCD display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F350 with 4 batteries and the Link-Plus LCD display

I have a Wellcraft Scarab 35 with 3X250 Yamaha V Max on, and I decided to replace them with 2 X F 350;

I have 4 batteries in the boat, and neither me neither the "great" Yamaha dealer in the emirates is NOT able to make the right wire connection on the boat in order o have the Engine and the house connection battery displayed on the "new" Command Link® Plus LCD Display,,, "the smart display;

I don't know even how to connect the 4 batteries for the best since I used the boat 2 times and my house battery was down !

On the display I can see only the Voltage of the Engine batteries and not the house/sub batteries voltage, its shown as NOT seen/not connected;

Please, any one can help assist in this????

-----------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 10-23-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rasemuae View Post
      I have a Wellcraft Scarab 35 with 3X250 Yamaha V Max on, and I decided to replace them with 2 X F 350;

I have 4 batteries in the boat, and neither me neither the "great" Yamaha dealer in the emirates is NOT able to make the right wire connection on the boat in order o have the Engine and the house connection battery displayed on the "new" Command Link® Plus LCD Display,,, "the smart display;

I don't know even how to connect the 4 batteries for the best since I used the boat 2 times and my house battery was down !

On the display I can see only the Voltage of the Engine batteries and not the house/sub batteries voltage, its shown as NOT seen/not connected;
      Please, any one can help assist in this????
      You have to go into the setup menu and select the house voltage icon to be displayed. Then, you have to have the isolator cable installed from the motor to the house battery.

Comment

F 350 with 4 batteries not shown on display

Thank you so much, I will try it and inform you, but, I believe that Yamaha people did try it first as per your kind sketch , did not work… I will check again and come back to you FYI;

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        First, only two battery voltages will be shown on the display. One is for the start battery. The other is for the house battery.

Actually, battery voltage is shown only when the motor is turned off but the key switch is on. Engine charger output voltage is shown when the motor is running.

The voltage for the start battery comes from the battery cable circuit. The voltage for the house battery comes from the battery isolator cable circuit that runs to the house battery.

I presume that of the four batteries, two are used to start its respective motor and that the other two are paralleled together to increase their capacity. Or perhaps, each motor has one start battery and one house battery, with the house batteries not being connected together. In other words, you have two separate house circuits. See attached as just one of many battery configurations that can be used.

Comment

Command Link® Plus LCD Yamaha NOT Working

Hi,

Batteries are connected properly … issue is still the same …
          The Command Link® Plus LCD of the Yamaha , on the twin F350 are not showing the Sub Battery charge but only the engine battery….

Any Help ? suggestion ? advice ?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            You have to go into the setup menu and select the house voltage icon to be displayed. Then, you have to have the isolator cable installed from the motor to the house battery.
            I've done that, not working ,,,, and we changed also the display it self, not working still;

Any help/ advice? please

Comment

----------

Comment

Exactly
                it is exactly as per your picture;
                Showing Both, the Engine and the sub, but, engine gauge is shown perfectly the voltage but the sub its 0.0 always, with and without engine running;

Comment

-----------

Comment

Yes sir, I did all exactly as per your configuration …. we also replaced the LCD … in case was not working…. same result;

Comment

I imagined that maybe the LCD require some USB to be programmend / activated in order to see the voltage of the Sub battery…. and the Yamaha dealer here in the Emirates are not aware of,,,, ;

Batteries are connected properly, I checked it , Yamaha did a cross check, another guy who is into boats also did…. Batteries are all charging proporly but the Display is still the same…

I wander what to do …

Comment

Engines are brand new 2013

Comment

Originally posted by rasemuae View Post
                          I used the boat 2 times and my house battery was down !

So did you make some changes to the wiring?
                          Seems like you are saying that house batteries are charging now and I am not sure if your original statement means the subs were reading 0 or if they were not showing up at all but are now.

I would think the info comes from the motor ECU's and sent to the CL+ ,
                          Did you use the Yamaha optional isolator lead cables or did you just run your own wires?
                          Last edited by 99yam40; 10-22-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Hi

Yes they did all changes from scratch and now batteries are all charging fine but the display issue is the same only engine batteries gauges are working and the house (sub) are still the same as of day one as per the picture posted above.

Comment

Using an external tester / voltmeter its showing the charging process is fine . But not reflected / reported on the LCD

Comment

Working...
                              X