X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump problem

Power head 1991 30ELRP
    lower unit 1997 (model unknown)

I just got this motor used and replaced the water pump because the previous one was not working properly (no water coming out exhaust). After hooking up the muffs still no water coming out exhaust at idle or drive. Checked the exhaust nipple and the hose it is attached to on the powerhead - no blockage and I was able to blow air from the exhaust tube to the intake (small amount of water came out intake). If there is no blockage and assuming the water tube is seated properly and pump installed correctly is there anything else that might be the problem?

Thanks!

Rob

Maybe remove/check/clean/replace the thermostat and pressure control valve...

Comment

Thanks Robert,

How do the thermostat and pressure control valve affect the operation of the water pump? I am a newbie to outboards lol

Comment

They're the 3 key elements in your cooling system and should be inspected for proper operation...salt/mineral deposits can cause them to not work....

Comment

Great I will check those - now if I only knew where they are...

Comment

you have installed the impeller wrong way thus running it broke the impeller and now there is no water coming out replace the impeller again in the correct way

Comment

Working...
            X