No announcement yet.

225Vmax cranking problems remain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be some linkage running from throttle and oil pump.
    If it come off it will oil wide open which is fine for WOT but too much for idle

Comment

computer has NOTHING to do with oil consumption.
      could be the pump arm clip failed, could be the transfer pump is not shutting off causing the engine tank to overflow into the airbox.

Comment

If the transfer pump is not shutting off, wouldn't there be too much oil in the tank mounted on the side of the motor? Doesn't this pump fill this tank? The oil level on the tank is exactly at the full mark.
        The linkage from my throttle to the oil pump is connected. Although, I found that the throttle on the side of the pump is not going back to the throttle stop pin on the side of the pump when its off or idling. Shouldn't the throttle go all the way back to that stop pin???

Comment

sounds like you need to follow the steps in service manual to set the linkage

Comment

the pump arm should NEVER touch the stop pin.

use the dealer locator function and find a dealership with a master tech.
            go have your boat fixed.

Comment

UPDATE:

I took my boat to another mechanic. He found that all three diaphrams were busted in my fuel pumps. He explained that my problem wasn't that it was getting too much oil, it just appeared that way. It was getting too much fuel causing it to get into my intake and wash everything out of my exhaust. He replaced all three pumps. He said that the diaphrams most likely busted on a back fire independent from each other busting one diaphram at a time.

He too also said the throttle on the oil pump should never touch the stop pin on the pump body.

Comment

Read post number 14, and see what it says!

Comment

Working...
                X