OX66 Cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 Cutting out

Motor is a 2000 OX66. Model SX150TXRY. Motor has about 12 hours on it this season since fuel filters, low pressure pumps were changed. Problem is when throttling up to get on plane, the motor cuts out and drops back to idle. one time it stalled. Starts right back up and is fine afterwards. Its only happened a few times but id like to fix it before it gets worse. No alarms, or flashing indicators on the guages. Ive been on the boat once when it happend but wasnt driving. Boat fired back up no problem and we continued to cruise. No RPM loss at cruise. Boat ran great.
    Outside of the obvious like fuel filters, fuel quality etc. I was gonna run it with a fuel pressure guage and try to get it to happen to see if its a fuel pressure problem. Is there anything else like a TPS sesnor that could be the culprit? From my understanding these engines will only set a code when the fault is happening and wont store codes. Just looking for some ideas from the more experienced guys as to what to look for.

Thanks Mike

your correct on the codes, will only display if currently active.

you can monitor TPS voltage.
    monitor fuel pump voltage.
    monitor fuel pump ground path.
    monitor rail pressure.

Comment

Vst filter

I have found the VST filter on the bottom of the fuel pump to be problematic....It can be cleaned..have had a dealer tell me it must be replaced.......NOT!!! and seems to be a reacurring problem in my area with the E-gas...(calif)......K

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Rodbolt, do they make a test harness for the fuel pump to check voltage? When you say ground path voltage. Does the ECm control ground to the pump?
        I will keep in mind the VST too.

Thanks Mike

Comment

no harness, paper clips and jumper leads.
          yes the ECM controls the ground path.
          below about 1200 RPM its through the resistor, above and its a ground inside the ECM.

Comment

Finally got back to the boat today to check it out some. Ran it with a fuel pressure guage and monitoring tps voltage. Was only able to get it to happen once but when it did fuel pressure dropped to about 15 psi and came right back. Pressure stayed at a steady 35-36 psi otherwise. Tps voltage stayed steady. Tried swapping over leads to fuel pump but i was unable to get the problem to happen. Was thinkin of popping open the vst and have having a look since its been over a year but ill wait to get a new tank seal. Any other recommendations would be much appreciated

Thanks
            Mike

Comment

TTL Fuel Flow meter

My TTL fule flow meter suddenly started to reset every time I turn off the engines instead of waitning for a manual reset. Wondering if anyone else ahs encountered this problem??

Comment

Fixed! Vst screen was clogged. Checksd regulator screen while i was there. It was ok. Boats running good ready for fishing this weekend. Thanks for the help
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X