2004 F115 IAC Valve Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injector leak

ok, the injector is stuck open. At least I was able to blow air through it with the compressor and it went right through.

Comment

might want to have all injectors flow tested and cleaned just to make sure all of them are OK. hope your motor is not hurt

Comment

Thanks! Again, it ran great for a few minutes on my test run then on a turn as I was heading in, started bogging down. I suspect that is when it failed. My pumping more fuel with the primer bulb likely just filled the cyl with fuel.

I just had them tested and cleaned. I pulled the others and they are not blowing air through like #4 is. Kind of wondering if the cleaning process damaged it.

I'm slowly loosing hope on this motor.

Comment

Hi, any updates , im curious to find out if you have rectified problem. Yesterday I joined this forum in hope to find answer to my engine problem.
          I have 115f 2005 model fitted on beneteau 620 Antares, which I purchased in January this year. I had the engine fully serviced and timing belt fitted by Yamaha agent before I used it.
          First trip out the engine would not rev above 4800 revs, I contacted the agent who advised me to change the prop, which I duly did. Next few trips the boat seemed to perform better, achieving approx. 5700 rpm.
          Two weeks ago the engine seemed to loose power and run rough,and would barely reach 4000 rpm occasionally it would stall as I came into dock.
          The boat is at the moment lying with the agent,all filters checked vst, no dirt in filters, injectors checked, compression test done,spark plugs replaced .
          I am hoping I can find some answers on this forum.The engine is also making oil. The low pressure pump has been checked also the thermostat.The diagnostics did not display any faults. I don't know how many hours the engine has done, I was hoping the agent would have the information via computer read out., He said the software could not pick up the information from the engine.
          Any help would be appreciated. We have a short summer season here in Scotland and I cant get out fishing sob sob.

Comment

its a stupidly simple speed density EFI setup.
            if the ECU is happy then don't chase ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by cobb3333 View Post
              Hi, any updates , im curious to find out if you have rectified problem. Yesterday I joined this forum in hope to find answer to my engine problem.
              I have 115f 2005 model fitted on beneteau 620 Antares, which I purchased in January this year. I had the engine fully serviced and timing belt fitted by Yamaha agent before I used it.
              First trip out the engine would not rev above 4800 revs, I contacted the agent who advised me to change the prop, which I duly did. Next few trips the boat seemed to perform better, achieving approx. 5700 rpm.
              Two weeks ago the engine seemed to loose power and run rough,and would barely reach 4000 rpm occasionally it would stall as I came into dock.
              The boat is at the moment lying with the agent,all filters checked vst, no dirt in filters, injectors checked, compression test done,spark plugs replaced .
              I am hoping I can find some answers on this forum.The engine is also making oil. The low pressure pump has been checked also the thermostat.The diagnostics did not display any faults. I don't know how many hours the engine has done, I was hoping the agent would have the information via computer read out., He said the software could not pick up the information from the engine.
              Any help would be appreciated. We have a short summer season here in Scotland and I cant get out fishing sob sob.

I'm afraid I have had several issues. All of which I think I corrected. I did get my motor back up in fuel pressure, compression is fine, and rpm back up.

On the last trip I referenced in this thread, the fuel injector indeed was stuck wide open. I was able to get it to close after spraying it out with seafoam and compressed air. I bought an extra set of injectors just in case. Kind of silly sounding to have an extra set of injectors but so easy to swap out on this engine, I would rather have them in my pocket. The only reliable thing I am hearing about these injectors is that they will eventually clog and need cleaning and that neon warning light on the dash just does not exist yet.

My concern is that something else is still not right and could be causing some of these issues. Hoping juts my paranoia but one more bad trip out with this motor and I'm going to cry. Going to a master tech on Wed for his final say on the matter. I will be looking for him to do a leak down test, check oil and fuel pressure, and review the coil output. Some of this I have done but not going to claim success until someone confirms the health of my outboard. Just too expensive to mess around with in the mistake category. I do feel much more educated with it now and can pick and choose what I want to work on and what I don't.
              Last edited by NHAngler; 07-22-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cobb3333 View Post
                Also, going to say that if your mechanic has been through all of those things, and everything is AOK and still having issues - find someone else - listed from the Yamaha site. If your engine is making oil and it is either water or fuel. If fuel, it is re-entering from the intake or the low pressure pump (from what I understand it can leak and still seem to function). If it is water, something is cracked or sweating severely in your crank case or the head. Pressure tests for the crankcase and leak down tests on the cylinders would be what I would ask them to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by NHAngler View Post
                  Also, going to say that if your mechanic has been through all of those things, and everything is AOK and still having issues - find someone else - listed from the Yamaha site. If your engine is making oil and it is either water or fuel. If fuel, it is re-entering from the intake or the low pressure pump (from what I understand it can leak and still seem to function). If it is water, something is cracked or sweating severely in your crank case or the head. Pressure tests for the crankcase and leak down tests on the cylinders would be what I would ask them to do next.
                  I hope you have a good trip next time out,and your engine problems solved for good. I know how it feels constantly checking filters fuel lines etc hoping you have found the problem, only having to limp back in to port.My last boat had a 2001 f115, it ran like a watch, no problems at all.
                  The agent I use is 45mls from me, there are only 3 or 4 in Scotland, and mutch further away. I must admit I don't have full confidence in him,but my hands are tied.Cross fingers I get it back repaired for this weekend

Comment

Working...
                  X