2005 40 hsp tilt&trim wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 40 hsp tilt&trim wiring

This is my first post . I have the above motor and have narrowed down the problem with my tilt and trim to the wire harness from what I will call the selenoid to the tilt motor . The problem is no yamaha dealer has the number of this wire harness . It has what appears to be a relay in the harness which is throwing the parts place off.I am thinking it is the relay , or whatever that part is ,that is my problem. Anyone know of the # for this harness ? Thanks

We don't have any listing for a 40HSP model number, recheck model number.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      We don't have any listing for a 40HSP model number, recheck model number.
      That is not the model number , it is the "horse power" of the 2005 4 stroke motor . If you indeed need the model number I can get that.

Comment

The trim relay is listed under Electrical Tab in parts catalog for your model outboard, Yamaha Outboard Parts
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          The trim relay is listed under Electrical Tab in parts catalog for your model outboard, Yamaha Outboard Parts
          Thanks you so much for the info . If I may ask you another question regarding this mater . I have had the selenoid tested and also the tilt motor has been tested . They seem to work fine . The wire harness from the tilt selenoid to the tilt motor may be what is giving me the problem . There is a "relay" hard wired into this harness . Can this relay be bypassed , so it is hard wired ? What purpose is this "relay " ( if that indeed is what it is) ?Thanks again

Comment

2005 F40TLRD Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 3 Diagram and Parts

#6 is the T&T relay

What part # are you calling the selenoid?

And what part # are you calling the "relay" hard wired into harness?

Comment

I believe , for the sake of our conversation , and because I call part #6 a selenoid and I think Yamaha may refer to part #6 as a relay , I am confusiong you with my terminology . Assuming part #6 is a "relay" I will change my description of the wire harness that has a small black sealed in line box that is on a wire harness coming off the relay.We thought that this small black sealed box was a relay of some type , thus the confusion on our end. Today while searching where all the wires run , off part#6 ( the relay) we found some wires that joined a bigger wire harness that runs towards the front and outter area of this tiller mount motor . We found 3 or4 wires that were just hanginging there with coils of other wires that the installer had in a corner of the boat . It appears that two of these wires , that had open end male connectors some how ,maybe bounced and were now making contact with each other . We are assuming that these two wires green and blue , being the same color of the wires that are on part #6 ( relay) are the up and down control wires for maybe a wire harness that would come from the front of a boat if the motor had been mounted with a console drive boat . After seperating these two wires , the t&t now works . What do you think . and thanks for your assistance .

Comment

If that fixed it then you should be good to go.

Sill confused on the black box though

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  If that fixed it then you should be good to go.

Sill confused on the black box though
                  If I can find the little black box and take a picture I will try and post it here . I can't make that promise , but maybe at a latter time . I actually am the owner of the boat and my friend is the more mechanically inclined on outboards of the two of us , so he knows which wire it is again . Thanks once again for your support and help.

Comment

Working...
                  X