Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power tilt solenoid or switches?

Hi,

I just purchased a used 2004? yamaha 40 tlrs. until recently the power tilt switch on the cowling was working on and off. then the other day it stopped working completely. the relay won't even click when when i depress the cowling switch. the trim switch on the throttle trims the motor up and only clicks the relay when depressed down. the trim motor and hydraulics all work fine.

I can replace the relay but i don't want to spend the money/effort if its the switches.

any insights? or suggestions on how to diagnose...

Those relays are sometime a problem. there are others under a the cover (hood) on the back of your motor four i think they all work according to your post just take working one from there and replace the suspected bad one on the switch to trouble shoot it. You can get the relays at any auto motive store they are the same ones used on your car or truck cost $5.00 tops. I keep one in my tool box just for this test. Oh be sure your connections at the switch are good and you can do a simple test with a multimeter to test it as well. I hope this will help you out Cat
    Last edited by Bayoucat; 09-05-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Power Tilt and Trim Switch

Water can easily get into the switch that is located on the motor. This switch can easily be taken apart and inspected. I just inspected the one on my Yamaha 115 and I had to replace it because of corrosion.

Comment

Working...
      X