2001 Yamaha 150hpdi question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 150hpdi question

I have a 2001 yamaha 150hpdi that bogs down if you throttle up fast. If you feather the throttle and slowly ease the boat up it will gain momentum and gain top speed. However at any speed if you put the throttle down too fast it will bog down and sputter.

It turns out that two of the cylinders are being flooded with gas compared to the other 4, and the local mechanic believes those two injectors (cylinder 3) are stuck open and need to be sent out and refurbished.

I spoke to another certified yamaha mechanic I know and he said he has never seen the cylinders flooded with an injector problem. Normally he said they are being starved of fuel.

Just looking to see if anyone has had some similar problems.

Bill

If the rail pressures are in spec even while problem occurs, then I would send off all injectors to be tested and cleaned not just 2 of them

Comment

Sending off all 6 was the plan, just wanted to make sure someone hadn't experienced an alternate cause. If you know what is the success with type of refurbishing? Just wondering because I was told a new injector is well over $300, and I have two that need fixing. And are there preventative measure I can take to avoid future problems

Bill

Comment

Rodbolt17 would be the one to give that info as he does a lot of repairs.

But they do give them testing before and after cleaning with print outs showing results of both

Comment

Thank you for the help

Comment

its rare to see an HPDI injector stuck open, but at 625 PSI it will pour raw gas out of the exhaust,
            a quick check of the high pressure rail at engine shut down will tell you.
            I use flagship marine in punta gorda FL for my injector work.

Comment

Working...
            X