Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil transfer pump not working

Hi Guys,
    I have a 2002 115 Yamaha XTRA. I am having a problem where the automatic transfer of oil from the remote tank (tank in hull) is not occurring to the engine tank. It will transfer when using the emergency switch. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Tested the SWB with an omh meter. testing each phase of the switch and it appears to be functioning.
    2. Replaced the little strainer in the remote tank.
    3. Tested the oil level gauge in the remote tank. Using an ohm meter, I cannot get this to change at all, so I know I have at least one faulty part.

however, will that faulty sensor cause the auto transfer to stop working? I know the float deactivates the auto flow when there are only 2 quarters (I believe) left in the remote tank.

Is there ways to test any issues closer to the motor (control unit, SWB based on actual readings, etc). I want to make sure I can get this problem licked.

Also I do not have the Yamaha tach with the oil sensor indicators.

Thanks in Advance.

Joe
    Last edited by jukes23; 07-12-2012, 10:59 PM.

The sensor in the engine tank is what turns the pump on and off, so if you already know the float sensor in the engine tank is faulty, replace it and retest the system.

Comment

The float sensor in the remote tank is faulty, not the SWB float switch in the engine. My question is will the remote tank switch being faulty cause the automatic transfer to stop?

Comment

Quick Update

Reading the oil transfer pump troubleshooting flowchart I found on this site, I believe it to be the control unit.

Following the flowchart:

1. Activate emergency switch with engine tilted down, transfer pump operates.
        2. Disconnect engine oil sensor and touch the brown or L/G wire from the PBS control unit to the black wire. I take this meaning jump the brown wire to the black wire. Nothing

3. It says to ohm test engine wiring harness. That is alot of harness to test, what do I test and where?

Also at this point would the faulty switch in the remote tank still cause the auto transfer, even jumping the black and brown wires?

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Working...
        X