X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pressure fuel pump Question

Looking for answer/help 2000 200 hdpi Z200TXRY

How many filters are in the high press pump???? Mine only had/has 1

Started this investigation because I blew the hp hose to the star rail. ( found a great place to fix in Baltimore less than 50 $ + s&h new hose is good to 1500 lbs and is stainless braid ) anyway this lead me to pull the injectors thinking that there was a restriction that caused the hose to blow. Sent all injectors to The Injector Man in Naples...Great guy !!!! While they were being serviced I thought it would be a good idea to change filters in the hp pump.. Took cover off pump and voula only 1 filter basket, now because of the design it could not blow out towards the hose/rail as I thought. It maybe could have gone inside the pump the same way that the fuel flows however I don't really think so. So now this leads me back to the question , was there really 2 to begin with? THANKS in advance Charles

One filter on electric pump, one filter on hose going to HP pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

High Pressure fuel pump Question

Do you mean 1 filter in the pump housing behind the spool piece and the filter with the metal jacket in the line to the pump ??

THANKS

Comment

High Pressure fuel pump Question

Boats.net Iam asking about the belt driven High Pressure Fuel pump under the black plastic cover on top the motor, not the VST tank which is medium pressure as well as the metal jacketed filter before the hp pump. The filters that I am asking about are the Bosch 1-109 filter baskets, I think there should be 2 in the pump and 1 in each injector.

Thanks

Comment

The filters inside high pressure pump are not available, Yamaha doesn't sell replacement filters for that, they recommend sending pump off and have rebuilt.
          This company rebuilds them,
          Flagship Marine Engines Co., Inc.
          200 E. Ann St.
          Punta Gorda, FL 33950-6006
          Ph: 1-888-282-2840
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X