Charging Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Batteries

I have a 96 200hp Saltwater Series II Yamaha with 2 batteries, one starting and one accessory with selector/isolator switch. Wondering if there is a way to charge both batteries from one motor. Any suggestions????

Do you have a battery switch that has the ability of off on or 1 2 both? That would be the easiest

Comment

charging batteries

That is the switch that i have.

Comment

Seems like I remember reading about some motors having that capability, all you need to do is run the wire, but I do not remember which motors.
        May do some forum searching on the subject or go through the ones Rodbolt posted on that subject

Comment

i have that wire but i have a hpdi,look at the left side where all the wires come into the motor and see if you see a red wire with a plug on it

Comment

charging batteries

On my rectifier i have three green, one black, two red wires. One red wire is for charging my cranking battery and the other red wire from the rectifier is capped off. Could this wire be connected to my acc. battery for charging?

Comment

We have this selector switch:

PERKO Inc. - Battery Switches - Medium Duty Battery Selector Switch with AFD

If yours is similar, placing the switch in "ALL" will connect your batteries in parrallel and charge both. When *****ing, switching to "2" isolates "1" allowing you to drive "2" near dead without draining "1" so that you can fire up the engine and get home. Once fired up, switching to "ALL" will then charge "2".

"OFF" isolates both batteries and will prevent discharge during storage if a gauge or lamp is inadvertently powered.

Blue sea makes a kit that accomplishes the same automatically. On my boat's forum, it gets accolades.

http://bluesea.com/files/images/products/7650.jpg

Hope this helps, good luck and keep us posted.

BTW, Last Saturday I was returning on the emergency ferry from Rodanthe, Hatteras Island, NC chit chatting with good friend Cpt. Rudy about another's Merc Verado. He noted that near everyone on the Outer Banks runs Yamaha's because they don't like working on weekends.

Comment

Working...
              X