Need help with oil buzzer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with oil buzzer!

i have a 2001 yamaha 115 4stroke outboard, im having a oil buzzer issue,well at cold starts when i start the motor oil light bar and buzzer comes on,this occurs only only cold start,checked the oil levels are all good,id turn key off,on,off,on until buzzer goes off,run motor all day long and motor runs perfect,no smoke,idles good. so does anyone have the same problem? oh and when i changed the oil pressure sensor oil buzzer didnt sound for a good 2 or 3 months,but now it started again.

???? any ideas,is there any way i could shut off the alarm like cutting a wire or so??

Comment

Fix what is wrong, do not disable things

Comment

Yeah i know but motor runs perfect just dat irritating sound!!

Comment

I agree, 'fix what is wrong" cutting a wire to stop the alarm will be easy, however, if you happen to have a failure later, you will wish you had "dat irritating sound" when faced with a big repair bill! you will need to trouble shoot the system when it is cold (the only time it plays up) how to do it has been covered in minute detail lots of times, so do a search and see what you can do, or take it to a dealer.

Comment

Ok well just did a compression test all cylinders tested the same,but can't find what compression should be at,anyone got a link to compression testing?

Comment

I kind of doubt that you have a compression issue, do you have a manual for your motor? if not, search for the detailed threads on here about trouble shooting the oil system.

Comment

ok so i noticed that if i dont start the boat for about a week the oil alarm will sound,but if i start the boat every other day alarm doesnt come on, maybe its an electrical problem?? well ill probly have it sent to a shop,thanks all for your feedbacks.

Comment

remove the oil pressure sensor and install a mechanical oil pressure gauge and monitor the readings when you start it up.

If you are using an off-brand oil filter, replace it with a Yamaha one and recheck the readings.

Comment

Working...
                  X