Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the circuit makes perfect sense.
    you however dont.
    its obvious you really dont understand voltage.
    voltage is simply a measure of electrical pressure.\
    current is usually what makes things happen.
    voltage does NOT flow current does.
    when you plug the red to blue or red to green your simply doing what the switch is supposed to.
    make or break the current path.
    checking voltage from red to green or red to blue simply tells you the circuit is ok at that point.
    from your description, your switch is failing.

Comment

Originally posted by ontherox View Post
      I agree. Need some help. I touch the red to the blue the motor goes up I touch the red the green the motor goes down. I hook up the switch on the handle and only one works. Makes no sense to me.

GO BRUINS!!

Then I agree the switch or a connection at the switch is making enough of a connection to show voltage potential but not enough to carry the current

Comment

Yah, that’s why I mentioned that I think it’s a solid-state switch. I’ve seen that before where the voltmeter reads OK but it won’t trip the switch. In the end I believe I had two problems, a bad wire on the down circuit (fixed now) and a bad switch on the up circuit. I’ll cross my fingers and change the switch.

Thanks.

Comment

Never seen one ebing solid state, just potted to keep moisture out.
          Just bad connection due to corrosion or oxidization is my guess

Comment

Replaced the switch . . . all works fine. So it was a bad wire and bad switch. Yeeesh. Thank you all for the help. Rodbolt I don’t know where you got the idea that I thought voltage flowed, but whatever. All good. AND THE BRUINS WON!!! I'm still recovering.

Comment

I had the same problem with the same motor. I had a broken wire in the harness just as it enters the motor. How I figured it out was to press the trim button on the control, bend the harness at the motor & the trim would start & stop

Comment

I agree, that’s the most likely spot. The wires are tied down hard going into the motor but with each motor movement there will be bending fatigue in the wires. Not much you can do about it, that bundle is just too big for a relief of any kind. It’s not the first wire problem I had in that bundle. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X